Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   New XD-45 - & Wife is Not Pissed!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/new-xd-45-wife-not-pissed-15487/)

Succinct 07-07-2009 02:26 AM

New XD-45 - & Wife is Not Pissed!!

:)What a great July 4th weekend - bought my XD-45 + 500 rounds at the gun show on Saturday, then passed the conceal-carry class with my wife the next day!

I WANTED a "compact" in stainless w/the 4" barrel and thumb safety, but there were only TWO XD-45 4" barrels in the entire show, and both of those were the black "Service" model. So what to do? Well, before slobbering Barney and Queen Nancy outlaw it, I decided to just buy one of the black 4" XD-45's right in front of me ($529).

Gotta love Virginia - my approval took less time that it took to fill out the paperwork and I was on my way back out the door!! It was my very first handgun purchase, and here I was walking out past the state police with my featherweight bad-a$$ XD and frickin' 50 pounds of ammo, and they didn't bat an eye!! Of course, I'm one of the "good guys" and plan to keep it that way.

My bride? She totally approved!! Except she didn't much like me paying 49 cents per 45ACP round, but that's the new reality... In fact at the CCW class she suggested I get a knife like the instructor had, and now is looking for a .38 hammerless snubnose, at the recommendation of the instructor! We've got the fever, baby! :)

Shotgun Shooter 07-07-2009 02:28 AM

Congrats! Nothing better than having a wife approving AND enjoying what you do. Congrats on passing the CCW class.

Enjoy it while you can!

S.S.

ARnoob 07-07-2009 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, it's pretty cool when your wife not only approves, but goes with you to the range! :D My wife had fun shooting my XD45.

Succinct 07-08-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARnoob (Post 125943)
Yep, it's pretty cool when your wife not only approves, but goes with you to the range! :D My wife had fun shooting my XD45.

Yep, as long as she doesn't go all "Steve McNair" on you!! :D

SirIsaacNewton 07-08-2009 03:13 AM

Well she is obviously a keeper.

Succinct 07-09-2009 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton (Post 126243)
Well she is obviously a keeper.

Thanks! I've kept her for over 16 years now! :)

kalgunner 07-10-2009 03:55 AM

congratulations, great handgun. i bought one last year. after about 500 rounds, no fail to feed or stove pipes. i've tried 185 grn rnfp, 200 grn rnfp and 230 grn rn, all fed flawless. very accurate

katdadee 08-11-2009 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Succinct (Post 125834)
:)What a great July 4th weekend - bought my XD-45 + 500 rounds at the gun show on Saturday, then passed the conceal-carry class with my wife the next day!

I WANTED a "compact" in stainless w/the 4" barrel and thumb safety, but there were only TWO XD-45 4" barrels in the entire show, and both of those were the black "Service" model. So what to do? Well, before slobbering Barney and Queen Nancy outlaw it, I decided to just buy one of the black 4" XD-45's right in front of me ($529).

Gotta love Virginia - my approval took less time that it took to fill out the paperwork and I was on my way back out the door!! It was my very first handgun purchase, and here I was walking out past the state police with my featherweight bad-a$$ XD and frickin' 50 pounds of ammo, and they didn't bat an eye!! Of course, I'm one of the "good guys" and plan to keep it that way.

My bride? She totally approved!! Except she didn't much like me paying 49 cents per 45ACP round, but that's the new reality... In fact at the CCW class she suggested I get a knife like the instructor had, and now is looking for a .38 hammerless snubnose, at the recommendation of the instructor! We've got the fever, baby! :)

Which gun show did you go to?

Succinct 08-12-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katdadee (Post 142396)
Which gun show did you go to?

Hampton, VA, July 4th. Patriotic, eh?

There's another coming up on Labor Day weekend Saturday (IIRC) at the Norfolk Scope, dunno who is running it tho. I prob won't be going to that one.