Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   New XD .45 Tactical (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/new-xd-45-tactical-29246/)

crazycharlie2 07-12-2010 03:20 AM

New XD .45 Tactical

I went to my local private club for a coke and possible lunch this past Saturday and when I signed the book I looked up and saw my name was drawn for some substantial $. Bought the members a round, had my coke and went to the gun shop just two doors up the street and bought a XD Tactical in .45 ACP. I haven't shot it yet, but I'll be sure to post a range report when I do.
It only came with one mag. All the web sources say it comes with two mags. and even the Factory says it comes with two mags. Anyone have any input on this? The dealer said it only came with 1.
I like the balance and grip of the pistol. When I shoot it I know I'm going to love the trigger.
The instruction manual is another story. I got an allen wrench with it. There's no mention what it's for. It tells you how to field strip, but doesn't tell you how to reassemble it. It also doesn't tell you the lube points. I'm sure I'll have no problems filling in the mystery gaps in the manual.( I'm not a newbie to firearms). My S&W Sigma manual by comparison is more complete.

Gojubrian 07-12-2010 04:02 AM

Welcome! We have an introductions forum. YOu should stop by and introduce yourself.

Your XD should have come with 2 mags and all xd gear in the box. I've never seen an xd come with just one mag.

Now, you are obligated to post pics and a range report as is customary with all new gun purchases here. :)

dewey 07-12-2010 04:15 AM

It ought to have 2 mags, a mag holder and a mag loader (or whatever they call it). Did it come in a hard case? It seems like my manual tells how to reassemble. Maybe it just says to reverse the steps. Cant remember.

spittinfire 07-12-2010 10:46 AM

As mentioned you should have 2 mags, mag holster, holster, lock and the allen wrench. The allen wrench is for adjusting the tension on the holsters. If you'll look on the side there is a socket head bolt. Some people like a stronger hold on their weapon and this allows you to adjust it. Also, kydex will wear.
As for lube points....I always just looked at what was going to be moving and made sure it had something on it. Slide, springs, striker, etc...
I think you made a great purchase and you have a solid fire arm that will give you years of service. The first pistol I personally owned was an XD45.
Stop by the introduction area and let everyone know you're here and a little about yourself.

orangello 07-12-2010 04:50 PM

Welcome!
Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 313934)
As mentioned you should have 2 mags, mag holster, holster, lock and the allen wrench. The allen wrench is for adjusting the tension on the holsters.

^^^ What he said. I have greatly enjoyed my XD45 tactical. I would go back by the shop & ask if the firearm is actually NIB or what happened to the 2nd mag. If the shop owner doesn't have a good answer, i'd ask about the restock charge & buy from a more reasonable dealer.

crazycharlie2 07-14-2010 02:09 PM

Thanks for the info guys.
I suspect the dealer I got it from is holding out or just mis-placed the second mag. There are some negative rumors floating around about the dealer wanting to make all the $, but I won't bad mouth him based on rumors.
I've been really busy and will give a range report and photos when I get time.
I just bought a new car and the range road is dirt and it is raining. Getting mud on the new car would give my wife fits.

Gojubrian 07-15-2010 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycharlie2 (Post 314878)
Thanks for the info guys.
I suspect the dealer I got it from is holding out or just mis-placed the second mag. There are some negative rumors floating around about the dealer wanting to make all the $, but I won't bad mouth him based on rumors.
I've been really busy and will give a range report and photos when I get time.
I just bought a new car and the range road is dirt and it is raining. Getting mud on the new car would give my wife fits.

Did it not come in the xd box with all the gear? that includes 2 mags and I would demand he give you the other one.

Springfield doesn't sell any pistols with one mag, not xd's, not EMP's, not 1911's, etc....

This guy is taking you for a ride.

crazycharlie2 07-17-2010 02:58 PM

Very happy with range results. Nice groups at 7 and 15yds with 165gr frangible and 230gr Winchester Bonded PD:D

rusty9 07-19-2010 03:26 AM

glad you like it. i have a similar gun, and it is my favorite of the ones i own. i love the way it feels and it is very accurate.