New XD-40
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

New XD-40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default New XD-40

So, I just today became the lucky recipient of a brand new xd-40. I was just kinda inspecting everything it came with and i noticed that the factory round looked almost as if the striker is bent. I havent got a chance to get to the range yet, but i was wondering what everyobe else thought of this...

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 10-31-2011, 03:54 AM   #2
Liked 2966 Times on 1638 Posts
Likes Given: 832

I dont know about the firing pin imprint but I picked up an XD45 today and there is a promotion going on until November 30. Buy a new XD or XDM and get 3 mags and a double mag holder free. You will need to scan your receipt in jpeg to do the deed on line. Anyone that bought an XD recently need to go to the Springfield website.
Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:56 AM   #3
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

That striker impression is normal for the XD40. You see similar results on the GLOCK.

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

looks almost like it has a burr on the firing pin. if after trying it out on a couple of rounds and has the same marks, might want to contact their customer service and have it checked out just to be safe. good luck and enjoy it. i have the XDm40 and love it!

Newest Threads