new xd

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > new xd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default new xd

I have a new XD40 on order. How many rounds to properly brake in?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I fire AT LEAST 200 rounds total, including carry/defense rounds, before I'll even THINK of trusting ANY semi-auto. Usually I like to shoot several hundred rounds of ball ammo + 1 whole box of carry ammo. Semi-auto pistols are simply machines, and will smooth up after getting broke in due to burrs and other surface irregularitys being honed by shooting it, with surface mating areas being slicked up. In fact, I usually wait to tighten slide/frame fit until after either hand honing fit, or by shooting several hundred rounds if possible. Naturally I don't take ANY malfunctions lightly, even during the break in period, but after breaking in, it damn well better go bang every time!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

+1

Break in that weapon good. Plus you get a good feel for your weapon in the process.