Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Need XD help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need XD help!

Im deployed in the Marine Corps and so I cant make it to Cabelas these days. So Im having my dad buy an XD for me. I was originally going to get the XD subcompact 9mm, but then I heard about the XDS. Does anyone know where I can buy one. Every one seems to be out of stock. Does it only come in .45?

Last edited by jakex1192; 09-19-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Most major outlets get them, but they're in such high demand right now they fly off the shelves. Sportsman's Warehouse gets them here, but they've told me they come in on Monday and are gone Tuesday morning. Just a matter of continuous shopping and grabbing it if you find one.

And so far, yes, it only comes in .45. That was the original design and it's a pretty new gun. I think I've heard of plans of a 9 down the road, but not confirmed and no ETA if it is.

I've only had the chance to fondle, no firing, but they seem super sweet to me. Almost everything I've heard is positive (there are always a few nay-sayers) and I've heard the recoil is surprisingly manageable for a .45 that small.

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Old 09-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #3

Great gun. You will not be disappointed. I have only been to the range once but,it shoots as advertised. Thank you for your service in the military.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Semper Fi send me a PM.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #5

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Went to the store today, I was set on the sw m&p, they didn't have the shield but I saw this xd... Pretty damn cool and comfortable grip