Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Need holster for XD45, suggestions? pics of your holster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5654 Times on 3323 Posts
Likes Given: 4773

Default Need holster for XD45, suggestions? pics of your holster?

Like it says, that lil plastic loop that came with my XD45 scares me; i need a real holster that envelopes the trigger. I plan on getting my carry permit in the very near future & would primarily be interested in a inside-the-waistband holster. I would just like to see what you guys use. It would be nice if the holster also had a spot to store 1 magazine.
Thanks

p.s. Sorry if this has been discussed to death already.

Last edited by orangello; 02-26-2009 at 09:01 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Blackhawk Serpa CQC, or a quality leather holster. I like Galco Gunleather, and Don Hume, although there are a lot of good holster makers out there (DeSantis, Bianchi, Kramer, Milt Sparks, El Paso Saddlery, BladeTech, SideArmor...the list goes on and on).

In IWB holsters I would encourage you to avoid the simple metal clip designs, and go for snapping loops or the hook clip style the Galco uses. I will say that I haven't seen alot of good concealed rigs that also carried a magazine on the holster. Most sell seperate magazine holder(s) which are usually worn on off gun side.

Good Luck with your search, and let us know what you decide.

DeSantis Tuck-This 2

Galco Scout

Blackhawk Serpa CQC.

Don Hume JIT Slide

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Bighead; 02-28-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

I've been very pleased with Backwoods Leather out of Portsmouth, VA. Owner is Jame Kirk and although he frequents shows mostly in the Mid-Atlantic area, he does does ship product out. His pricing is ver reasonable and high quality.

I have purchased 4 IWB leather holsters for XD45, Sig229, Beretta 92FS, and Colt NM 1911. All fit perfectly and feel secure to wear. Kirk has been coming to shows for the last 15-20 years. I would buy from him again.

Contact info.
Kirk Inc
3022 Tyre Neck Rd, Portsmouth, VA 23703-4527
Alt Business Name: Backwoods Leather
Contact's Name: James Kirk
(757) 483-4872

Will send photo later

Virginia58

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
~John Wooden

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5654 Times on 3323 Posts
Likes Given: 4773

Thanks guys, that is exactly what i was looking for. The "tuck this 2" looks promising.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:00 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I wear this daily. It is as comfortable sitting as standing. they have changed it since I bought this and the clips are now steel rather than the composite material. You can also get it with J hooks, belt loops and velcro.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/crossbreed-supertuck-xd45-compact-10526/

Old 03-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #6

I would look at the DM Bullard line. I carry both my XDm 40 and XD40 sc in thier Dual Carry. It is very comfortable conceals real well and carries the weight well. A must is a good gun belt also. They also have a IWB model called the Texas Conceal which has a Mag pouch which I think might be ny next for my SC.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #7

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I have looked at the Crossbreed Supertuck IWB, Milit Sparks VM2 and several different holster for conceled carry.

I looked at the Crossbreed Supertuck, to me it just does not look that secure or well built. Does anyone have any experience with it in the real world.

I have been using Galco IWB for yrs. with my Sig 229 and never had a problem with it. But it tended to pinch my six when I sat down.

Now I have an XD45 4" Service and Compact that I am looking to carry CCW. I live in Az so it is hard to find something that you can wear with only a
t-shirt to cover it. I am a (lets say) very large man. Not fat just big enough to fill a door and block the sun like my wife says.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:34 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
I have looked at the Crossbreed Supertuck IWB, Milit Sparks VM2 and several different holster for conceled carry.

I looked at the Crossbreed Supertuck, to me it just does not look that secure or well built. Does anyone have any experience with it in the real world.

I have been using Galco IWB for yrs. with my Sig 229 and never had a problem with it. But it tended to pinch my six when I sat down.

Now I have an XD45 4" Service and Compact that I am looking to carry CCW. I live in Az so it is hard to find something that you can wear with only a
t-shirt to cover it. I am a (lets say) very large man. Not fat just big enough to fill a door and block the sun like my wife says.
Define "real world"...

Old 03-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #9

Default Iwb crossbreed holster

Hey Slawth,

Thanks for the pictures, I ordered a crossbreed holster last week and I can't wait for it to arrive. I have also purchased a number of other holster but this one seems to be the right fit for me. I get tired of pulling my firearm out and taking my shirt with it.

Two 45s are better than one!

GeorgiaCarry.org
BlackGunOwners.org
NRA

Old 04-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBlk45 View Post
Hey Slawth,

Thanks for the pictures, I ordered a crossbreed holster last week and I can't wait for it to arrive. I have also purchased a number of other holster but this one seems to be the right fit for me. I get tired of pulling my firearm out and taking my shirt with it.
No problem. I have been very pleased with mine. did you get the horsehide or cowhide version? Post up some pics when it comes in. I'd like to see the redesigned model with the metal clips.