Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > My XDs-Trouble Free

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 03:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

I got some talon grips on order right now

Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
I was 1st in line for an XDs-45 at my LGS, back when they were announced in January. I literally walked in and requested 'dibs' the day news hit the WWW. They still haven't got any in. I passed when one of the local competitors had them in stock for $600 a few months back. I try really hard to be loyal. But today I walked into the local Fred Meyer (think Walmart/Target if you're not in the PacNW), and they had one for $569. It is mine. I'll go take my name off the LGS's list in an hour or two. No biggie...they're not going to have any trouble moving them if they ever arrive. But would've preferred they earn my $$. I'm a little disappointed Springfield didn't do a better job of filling a demand they knew would exist.

So it's finally in hand. Probably won't be till Tuesday that I can run it through its paces and see how it measures up to my S&W M&P Shield (9mm).

I love the Shield. My guess is the XDs will prove to be a keeper as well. I've yet to find anything lacking in the XD/XDm lineup. I mostly prefer 1911s and other metal-framed guns (CZ, Sig, BHP), own a Gblock (it's a fine gun, BTW), and have shot a few HKs...but XDm and M&P are my tupperware of choice.
Funny you say that I have yet to see a Shield for sale in a shop. Just after I purchased my XDS (the first one I saw in person) I saw them eveywhere. One dealer had four in the case. Weird how different areas have different product.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #13

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky80

Funny you say that I have yet to see a Shield for sale in a shop. Just after I purchased my XDS (the first one I saw in person) I saw them eveywhere. One dealer had four in the case. Weird how different areas have different product.
I havent seen one either.