My XDs bubble has burst - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > My XDs bubble has burst

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post

Never heard that, one issue was firing 2 rounds with one trigger pull . Supposedly those either did it out of the box or not at all . Some other issues were FTFire
The rumor I heard from a local gun shop was the firing pin was too long, the two shot burst were due to the firing pin being stuck out so as the second round was chambered the stuck pin struck the primer.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #12

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default My XDs bubble has burst

Just got mine back yesterday. They sure did return it wet & I appreciate that as it keeps the gun protected from the elements during transport. There was no explanation for the cause, but the packing slip said they "improved" the disconnector & adjusted the extractor tension. Got long guns waiting for today's range trip. I'll let you know how she performs in a week. Merry Christmas everyone.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
Just got mine back yesterday. They sure did return it wet & I appreciate that as it keeps the gun protected from the elements during transport. There was no explanation for the cause, but the packing slip said they "improved" the disconnector & adjusted the extractor tension. Got long guns waiting for today's range trip. I'll let you know how she performs in a week. Merry Christmas everyone.
Did they include a 7 rd magazine?

Old 12-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #14

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock23taBG380ta View Post
Did they include a 7 rd magazine?
My understanding is that all repaired guns are coming back with the extended grip 7 rd mag

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 12-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post

My understanding is that all repaired guns are coming back with the extended grip 7 rd mag
I heard that but since I'm late to the game and w my luck they have quit since they have faster turnaround

Old 12-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #16

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
I heard that but since I'm late to the game and w my luck they have quit since they have faster turnaround
mine was supposed to be back this week, but due to blah blah blah you will see it in a couple more week .
Blame it on the government , they cant do their job right or in a timely fashion either

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 12-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #17

Just called Springfield I will get my label mon or Tue, they were very courteous and verified I WILL get a 7 round magazine!!

Old 12-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I sent mine back to them back on October the 4th and I am not supposed to get it back until February. Pretty crappy. All "fixed" guns come with the 7Rd mag. I never had an issue with mine but sent it back for piece of mind...wish I wouldn't have. Btw it was an issue with the safety not resetting correctly which caused the double fire. As far as firing when loading I'm not sure what caused that. The "fixed" guns have a 7 lb trigger pull and upgraded internals. According to the emails from SA. Pretty disappointed with the whole situation.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtybrd97 View Post
I sent mine back to them back on October the 4th and I am not supposed to get it back until February. Pretty crappy. All "fixed" guns come with the 7Rd mag. I never had an issue with mine but sent it back for piece of mind...wish I wouldn't have. Btw it was an issue with the safety not resetting correctly which caused the double fire. As far as firing when loading I'm not sure what caused that. The "fixed" guns have a 7 lb trigger pull and upgraded internals. According to the emails from SA. Pretty disappointed with the whole situation.
I'm not looking forward to a heavier trigger, after 500 or so rounds my trigger was bout where I wanted it:-/ May end up getting a spring kit so she's still as accurate as it was(I was very surprised/happy at how accurate it was).

Old 12-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

I'm not looking forward to a heavier trigger, after 500 or so rounds my trigger was bout where I wanted it:-/ May end up getting a spring kit so she's still as accurate as it was(I was very surprised/happy at how accurate it was).
Same here. I put about 300 through mine. Sucks that they'll have for 4 plus months. And I never had any issues with it...