Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > my xdm 40 is jamming(update)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 02:47 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmb1982 View Post
ill have to look into that once i get back to work. cant get one right now. is oversized ammo really that common?
Had one in a box of Wolf just last week. Jammed up my 1911 real good.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #22

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

I've found 'em in Remington UMC, PMC and American Eagle.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #23

second trip to the range with my new XDM40, and encountered two jams in the first 20 rounds. Fired another 50 or so with no further problems, so wasn't terribly concerned until I read about your problems. I'll watch for further postings to see if others are experiencing the same thing with new XDM's, and will report any further problems with my weapon as well.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #24

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

I do believe that some pistols need a break in period. However, with the XD I have never seen one malfunction (and I've shot w/ my XD and shot with friends XDs for months and ten of thousands of rounds).

I've felt my XD loosen up as far as the trigger, mag release, etc and even become more accurate over time.

You need to put at least 200 rounds through a new pistol on the first day of shooting to warm it (and you) up. You cannot make an accurate assessment of its function-ability by only putting a couple boxes downrange.

Next, don't tell us what happens the next time you take it out. Contact Springfield NOW and inform them of your experience and ask if it is acceptable or normal for their firearms to do this.

I'm kinda getting weary of these "My XD is jamming" threads with out any feedback regarding what the company says about their firearms and what the problems/solutions are.

Not targeting any specific member, but someone needs to provide a solution, answer or means to one rather than just this old "My XD is malfunctioning" over and over.

D

Old 11-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #25

I'll do that...inform SA and report anything of substance they may provide.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #26

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Right On! ! ! Look forward to that.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #27

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 198

The only time I had a problem, a stove piped casing, was when I limp wristed my XDm. Just a dumb moment that I immediately realized was my fault and not the weapon.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #28

Quote:
second trip to the range with my new XDM40, and encountered two jams in the first 20 rounds. Fired another 50 or so with no further problems, so wasn't terribly concerned until I read about your problems. I'll watch for further postings to see if others are experiencing the same thing with new XDM's, and will report any further problems with my weapon as well.

Great. This is not very encouraging. I was thinking about getting an XDm .40 S&W soon. Everybody I know who has one swears by it.

Whichever service caliber you carry, expect a failure to stop and keep shooting!

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=34714

Old 12-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS840 View Post
Great. This is not very encouraging. I was thinking about getting an XDm .40 S&W soon. Everybody I know who has one swears by it.
The two people I know personally that own XDM's (one in .40 and one in 9mm) haven't had any trouble at all. You have to remember that people with no problems don't usually go looking to tell someone about their lack of problems, but people with problems will go looking for solutions. So for every issue you hear about, there are probably hundreds of happy owners without any issues at all.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #30

Don't let this discourage you. The concensus among the serious shooters I have discussed this with are certain it was the ammo I was using (purchased from a small manuf. company at a gun show). I've used all of that and since fired several hundred rounds of recognized ammunition with no problems. I can tell you that I'm no Wyatt Earp, but with this weapon I can keep the holes in the center of the target with few exceptions.