My new EDC: Springfield XD-9 Service Model
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > My new EDC: Springfield XD-9 Service Model

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default My new EDC: Springfield XD-9 Service Model

I have been carrying a Sig Sauer SP2022, but starting having personal issues with it. First off, I just couldn't get used to the DA/SA trigger. Then what made up my mind was when I was hunting for magazines, I couldn't find any less than $100. So I decided to sell it and get a Glock 19. To my disappointment, I couldn't find one. What I did come across was a Springfield XD-9. It was in my price range and it felt good in my hand.

In the past I have owned a Springfield XD-9 Sub-Compact and was very happy with it's performance and accuracy. The first magazine I fired with it was less than 2 inches at 21 feet. So I figured that a larger frame and longer barrel would be even better.

I took it home and gave it my usual cleaning and lubrication. Then I polished the chamber and feed ramp and had to do something about the somewhat slippery grip. So I spent 3 nights and 6 hours stippling the grip. Now it feels perfect! I have ordered a FIST K3 kydex IWB holster for it and as soon as it gets here, it will be my EDC set-up until it either breaks or something else better comes out. Still waiting for the XDs 9mm for summer carry. That will be the only reason I carry something else. But it is the same shooting platform so I won't have to change anything. Range report to come tomorrow after I get back from the range.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 AM   #2

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

How did you stipple it?

Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I used a wood burning tool and lots of patience. It gives it a texture similar to 80 grit sandpaper. I can't wait to get an XDs 9mm. I have an idea of how I want to stipple that. I am going to use the micro stippling on the front and back straps. Then use a scale pattern on the sides.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSean
I have been carrying a Sig Sauer SP2022, but starting having personal issues with it. First off, I just couldn't get used to the DA/SA trigger. Then what made up my mind was when I was hunting for magazines, I couldn't find any less than $100. So I decided to sell it and get a Glock 19. To my disappointment, I couldn't find one. What I did come across was a Springfield XD-9. It was in my price range and it felt good in my hand.

In the past I have owned a Springfield XD-9 Sub-Compact and was very happy with it's performance and accuracy. The first magazine I fired with it was less than 2 inches at 21 feet. So I figured that a larger frame and longer barrel would be even better.

I took it home and gave it my usual cleaning and lubrication. Then I polished the chamber and feed ramp and had to do something about the somewhat slippery grip. So I spent 3 nights and 6 hours stippling the grip. Now it feels perfect! I have ordered a FIST K3 kydex IWB holster for it and as soon as it gets here, it will be my EDC set-up until it either breaks or something else better comes out. Still waiting for the XDs 9mm for summer carry. That will be the only reason I carry something else. But it is the same shooting platform so I won't have to change anything. Range report to come tomorrow after I get back from the range.
U did a GREAT JOB!!

Old 01-30-2013, 02:18 AM   #5

Default Well done

Beautiful Job!