Mixed reviews on Springfield XDs - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Mixed reviews on Springfield XDs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a XD 9. I have owned it for a couple years and never have had any bit of problems with the different types of ammo through it

Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #12

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Jditucci - I have shot fmj - Federal, UMC - at the range. I carry it with Winchester PDXI in it and did shoot a box of it before carrying it. I had no problems with the PDXI so I stayed with it. Some day I may try some Gold Dots as another alternative. I just had it at the range again today and shot another 25 rds if Federal fmj thru it. Took it home, cleaned it, and put it back on my hip. I carry owb in a Ryan Grizzle High Country which is a high ride holster. BTW - thanks for asking. Good luck with your decision. Stay safe.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #13

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by jditucci View Post
thank you for the input Hollander. I hear that the XDs is small enough to fit in your front pocket? what kind of ammo have you been shooting?

thanks again,

Joey
It's not that small. Unless you got a big damn pocket.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 AM   #14

I have 3 SA pistols all in .45 ACP. A 5" tactical, XDM 3.8" and an XDS. They all handle a bit differently but I have never had any feeding or extraction issues. I fire factory loads (Winchester, Blazer, HSM) typically in 185gr HP and 230 GR JHP or Ball. My reloads - I reload everything - with 10 gr of Number 7 and a 230 gr pill are dead balls accurate. I have fired thousands of rounds out of each (more so with the tactical, but it's the oldest in my inventory) and the only issues I've ever had was one reload that had no powder in the cartridge - now that was interesting!

Buy with confidence!

Old 11-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I put about 700 rounds through my new Xds 45 acp 4 different types of ammo even put a couple of +p Buffalo bore185 grain with stock springs no feeding problems. I carry it every were I go great summer weapon virtually no printing. I carry my 1911 in the winter though..Good luck with your new xds deffenetly worht the money I walked out for 500.00 bucks including tax I love Vermont....

Old 11-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #16

Liked 2449 Times on 1435 Posts
Likes Given: 559

A buddy of mine bought one. I shot it. It is slim and fairly small. I don't think it fits in the "front pants pocket" category. I found it to be reliable, fairly accurate, and not exactly great to shoot as far as maintaining a good consistent grip. I found it to be a bit slick. He kept it a couple of weeks and then traded it off to get a Smith and Wesson Shield. He didn't like the Sheild either. It jammed and was not very accurate. I didn't get to shoot the Shield so, I am talking based on his experience. He found both guns to be hyped up a bit, and not that great in real practical shooting terms.

He finally settled on a Smith and Wesson Cheif's Special in .45 ACP as a slim, compact auto for carry.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #17

Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

I love my xd 40. Just bought it yesterday and so far so good!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #18

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

In defense of the OP he did say "XD-s" not xd's as in plural.

I love my XDS and it is very concealable. Same size as a Sheild or Walther PPS. You can carry it easily in a pocket and it doesn't have to be a huge pocket. It is more comfortable to carry it in a leg pocket in a pair of cargo jeans/shorts but drawing from a leg pocket is a little tougher while standing. I am in a wheelchair so carrying in a leg pocket is easier got me since those pockets are easier to access when sitting down. I can stand so I'm not tied to a wheelchair all the time, I'm a recent amputee below one of my knees. I usually carry in a fanny pack because it makes it really easy to access with it right in my lap. Wearing a fanny lack in a wheelchair doesn't look out of date in a wheelchair or scream "probably carrying" as bad someone that can walk and wearing one.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have an XDs and that sucker has been perfect. It's fed all ammo, is accurate and the recoil is good. It rides in my front pocket in a Desantis Nemisis!

Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #20

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCSFAN99 View Post
In defense of the OP he did say "XD-s" not xd's as in plural.
It was edited after many had already responded.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.