Meprolight night sites
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Meprolight night sites

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Meprolight night sites

How hard is it to replace the sites on an XD40 4"?
I'm not opposed to taking it to a gunsmith but I'm having a little trouble finding one here in my new city (Augusta, GA).
Anyone done this upgrade yourself?

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #2

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
How hard is it to replace the sites on an XD40 4"?
I'm not opposed to taking it to a gunsmith but I'm having a little trouble finding one here in my new city (Augusta, GA).
Anyone done this upgrade yourself?
Unless you can find a gunsmith or a gun shop that has the particular type of equipment required for XD sights, your best bet would be to send the slide and your new sights to Springfield. That's what I did, and they charged me about $70 for the installation and the return shipping. I had already purchased the sights from Trijicon and I sent them directly with the slide.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #3

Too bad you don't have a Glock. You can send your slide to Glock, and they'll install Trijicons for about $70, including installation and the price of the sights. The rear sights of XDs are really difficult to remove, even with a sight pusher. Many smiths won't install sights on XDs for that reason.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabam View Post
Too bad you don't have a Glock. You can send your slide to Glock, and they'll install Trijicons for about $70, including installation and the price of the sights. The rear sights of XDs are really difficult to remove, even with a sight pusher. Many smiths won't install sights on XDs for that reason.
why does springfield do that so that they can make more money on top of what your spending on there product