Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Lovin' the XD sub and m

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 02:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Lovin' the XD sub and m

Yesterday, I went to the gun store and decided to "try on" some new pistols, since my current pistol is a little wide, and I want to get more serious about carrying. I tried on several pistols, really seeing how they fit my hand instead of just looking at price. The one I have now, which is a p95, was cheap, but it never really fit my hand. Still being cheap, and knowing it would limit my choices, I told them I wanted to stay in the $400 range. After trying on a new Ruger SR9, some S&W's, a Kahr, and about 3 or 4 others, including a Beretta ? and a Bersa Thunder, I tried the XD sub compact. Wow! It really feels like it fits! Price: $519. Okay, I just went up 25%! Today, since there was a gun show in town, the wife and I went because I wanted to try a XD Tactical and I wanted the wife to see what fits her hand. Just inside the door was a line of XD's. I tried them all, including the XDm.

Here's what I found today comparing "all" the XD line: The XD sub compact, fits the curve of my hand (size 10 large glove) just right and the finger is right on the trigger without stretching. Nice! Next, the XD Tactical. The curve of the grip was good, but not as good and the sub compact, plus the trigger was a stretch. I thought that was odd, but proves that just because you like one gun of a certain brand line, it doesn't mean you will like them all. Next, even knowing the XDm was going to be higher priced, I tried it. Sweet! The fit was even better than the sub compact, the trigger seemed even better and I have no idea what "grip back" was installed. I love the XDm, but it'll cost me another $100 to get one.

Oh well, at least I'm getting there. BTW, I am leaning toward the 9mm due to recoil and ammo costs AND the wife found that the Walther PK38 was more her cup of tea over the Kahr and LCP. Anybody have some $$ I can borrow?

Last edited by dirtbikingdad; 01-11-2010 at 02:45 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2010, 02:32 AM   #2

i have the xd 40 sub compact and i love it im not a small guy and what really works well is the girlfirend is very comfortable with it to and she is very small so over the xd sub. is a very versital gun.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #3

Unfortunately, no $$$ to loan out. Blew it all on my XD40sc

Old 01-15-2010, 04:12 AM   #4

Got lucky and found a like new XDM40. I can't wait to put some rounds through it!

Old 01-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikingdad View Post
Got lucky and found a like new XDM40. I can't wait to put some rounds through it!
Congrats! My brother has an XDm 9mm, and it's a pretty sweet shooter. Can't wait for the range report.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Congrats! I've been very happy with my XD45 tactical. A buddy has the XD9 with the 4" barrel; i like it, but like mine better, fitwise. So far, no jams at all using mostly Blazer brass with some UMC and a box or two of Aguilla.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #7

Liked 493 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 1621

I feel you. I'm going to "try on" a few myself on Saturday.... Time for new toys

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com