Laser for xd9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Laser for xd9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Laser for xd9

Where are good places to buy laser sights? Open to any kind. If anyone has a grip laser sight like the crimson trace how do you like it? I like the grip format

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by discboy13
Where are good places to buy laser sights? Open to any kind. If anyone has a grip laser sight like the crimson trace how do you like it? I like the grip format
I recently purchased an XD40 that I carry for work. I switched from the Glock 22 to the XD. I have added the Insight M3 tactical light and a Crimson Trace laser sight (grip style). Love it!!! I you won't be disappointed.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Better off with a tac light! Better to see your target, and blind them!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #4

Default sighting in your laser sight

Y'all may already know this already, but I found out the hard way. The paperwork that comes with Crimson Trace laser sights informs the user which way (clockwise versus counterclockwise) and into which hole the allen wrench must be turned to move the laser dot right, left, up, and down. What the instructions do NOT say is that if your shots are grouping right, the dot must be moved to the right to bring the group left. This is somewhat counterintuitive since, when adjusting iron sights, moving the rear sight to the left moves your group to the left. I guess the bottom line is that when making laser sight adjustments, follow the FORS rule for the front sight ("Forward = Opposite; Rear = Same"). Think about it. If the dot is moved further to the right, you would have to move the firearm to the left in order for the dot to appear over the middle of the perfect iron-sight picture.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

When I adjusted mine, I aimed at a 50' target then adjusted windage until the dot was co-incident with my sight picture. Elevation was good out of the box.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:05 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Went to the range today. The laser was on paper, 8 ring 3 o'clock. Installed my laser boresight, made the laser co-incident with the boresight. Next 5 shots were in the x ring. I did need help, I held the gun steady on target while the range RO adjusted the Crimson Trace.