Just got my new XDM 45 3.8 ... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Just got my new XDM 45 3.8 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

That is expensive. But I will have to look into them. I have to stock up on ammo. I joke with my friends that I want to be ready when the Zombies come. The Winchester Elite bonded were like $25 for 25 rounds.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjn1955

I use Federal FMJ at the range (because it's inexpensive for 45 ammo or Remington
JHP ( it's not that expensive either when
purchased in the 100 round boxes at Walmart). When carrying I use Remington
230 Grain Golden Saber jacketed hollow points (quite expensive at around 37.00 for
a box of 25 rounds). But if your life is ever on the line the price doesn't matter. You want to get the job done if you have to.
That is why I wanted the 45 for carry. I figure that I only have to hit you once. No matter where I hit you it should take you off your feet.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwillir

That is why I wanted the 45 for carry. I figure that I only have to hit you once. No matter where I hit you it should take you off your feet.
It should get the job done. However we all
know shot placement is key. My G23 40 caliber or any of my 9s or 357s will do the
trick as well. Hopefully you and I will never have to pull our guns on anyone during our
lives.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjn1955

It should get the job done. However we all
know shot placement is key. My G23 40 caliber or any of my 9s or 357s will do the
trick as well. Hopefully you and I will never have to pull our guns on anyone during our
lives.
Amen to that! I hope the only place I have to draw my firearm is at the range. But I figure it's like a condom. You might not ever use it but it is nice to know it's there. That is what I love about this gun tho it is accurate I have an HK 9mm that I could shoot practically blindfolded and get nice tight groups. My XDM 45 feels just as good with a smaller barrel and a larger caliber.