Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Just got my new XDM 45 3.8 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Just got my new XDM 45 3.8 ...

I just picked up my new gun and took it to
the range. I put 150 rounds through her and she shot like a dream. This is the second XD pistol I have purchased in a month (XD subcompact 9 is my other new
baby). I guess I will be replacing my G26
and G30 as carry guns with my new additions. In just a very short period of time
I have become a major Springfield Armory
fan. Next on my shopping list perhaps an
XDM subcompact 40. You know one can never have enough great guns. Cheers to
all and thanks for all the great info on this
site.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #2

I too just picked up The XDM 45 3.8
I freaking love it. Right out of the box the thing is D.O.B.A.!
I like it so much I bought myself a Galco holster and made it my everyday carry piece. Forget those 9mm carry's, my motto is go big or go home. Good shooting!

Old 02-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwillir
I like it so much I bought myself a Galco holster and made it my everyday carry piece. Forget those 9mm carry's, my motto is go big or go home. Good shooting!
Which holster did you get for it? I could not find a good one for it although my Galco Super Tuck is great for the XD9SC

Old 02-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #4

I was planning on buying a g26 next. Wat made u go wit springfield instead of glock?? Just curious.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdm45mp9
I was planning on buying a g26 next. Wat made u go wit springfield instead of glock?? Just curious.
I already have a G26 and I have had it for years. I carry it quite often. I bought the xd9sc because it had the grip safety as well as the trigger safety and it had a different grip angle and weighed about
6 ounces more. They are both great guns.
FYI I have thousands of rounds thru the G26 and it has never malfunctioned once. You can't go wrong with a Glock. I have three and now I have Xds as well!

Old 02-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the good wishes. Right back at you as well.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjn1955

Which holster did you get for it? I could not find a good one for it although my Galco Super Tuck is great for the XD9SC
I have the Galco but check out parkerholsters.com I plan on purchasing one of those instead. The Galco has a leather backing which sticks to your skin if your not wearing an undershirt. The Parker holsters have a fabric backing which breaths much better.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

I have the Galco but check out parkerholsters.com I plan on purchasing one of those instead. The Galco has a leather backing which sticks to your skin if your not wearing an undershirt. The Parker holsters have a fabric backing which breaths much better.
Thanks so much for the info.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #9

Your welcome. What kind of ammo are you pushing thru it. I've been using Federal FMJ at the range but could only find Winchester Elite Bonded JHP for self defense. Not sure if the Winchester brand is any good never shot it and don't want to waste them at the range. Not wih the price of ammo these days.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Your welcome. What kind of ammo are you pushing thru it. I've been using Federal FMJ at the range but could only find Winchester Elite Bonded JHP for self defense. Not sure if the Winchester brand is any good never shot it and don't want to waste them at the range. Not wih the price of ammo these days.
I use Federal FMJ at the range (because it's inexpensive for 45 ammo or Remington
JHP ( it's not that expensive either when
purchased in the 100 round boxes at Walmart). When carrying I use Remington
230 Grain Golden Saber jacketed hollow points (quite expensive at around 37.00 for
a box of 25 rounds). But if your life is ever on the line the price doesn't matter. You want to get the job done if you have to.