Just back frim the range

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Just back frim the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Just back frim the range

Awesome time with the XD 9mm! When I read that it was double action only, I was concerned. My 40 cal sig is a very hard pull in comparison. But, the XD was very accurate, decent recoil, no misfires. And with the smooth trigger pull, it didn't seem like a double action at all.

I may switch out my Ruger P95 as my CC and switch to the XD.

Para bellum!!

Proud NRA Member! #172327456

Lansing, MI
Ruger P95PR and counting...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That sounds good. Glad you're happy with the XD.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #3

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Glad to hear it. I love my XD45.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #4

It's a small world but as I was packing up, a fellow shooter came over and started a conversation about guns in general and he had just bought a XDm 40. We both Have a true respect for the XD although he said he thought about the 9 but wanted more stopping power.

Para bellum!!

Lansing, MI

Old 11-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
Awesome time with the XD 9mm! When I read that it was double action only, I was concerned. My 40 cal sig is a very hard pull in comparison. But, the XD was very accurate, decent recoil, no misfires. And with the smooth trigger pull, it didn't seem like a double action at all.

I may switch out my Ruger P95 as my CC and switch to the XD.
Being a striker fire pistol, the DAO reference does not necessarily translate to the heavier trigger pull of a DAO hammer fired pistol or revolver. Could be why the XD trigger felt lighter than the Sig.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-12-2011, 02:37 AM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

XD 9 is a single-action. Hence that smooth, light, crisp trigger pull. Love mine!

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 12-12-2011, 03:36 AM   #7

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
XD 9 is a single-action. Hence that smooth, light, crisp trigger pull. Love mine!
welcome back...been a while...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #8

Anyone shoot when it's at or above freezing outside? I never have and am wondering if there is anything I should be aware of. For example, warm
Gun, cold temps = condensation? More misfires? I plan to go out tomorrow and shoot my XD9 and my P95 9mm.

I figure the range will be pretty empty tomorrow. Hi of 32.

Para bellum!!

Lansing, MI

Old 12-18-2011, 03:41 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5511 Times on 2878 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
Anyone shoot when it's at or above freezing outside? I never have and am wondering if there is anything I should be aware of. For example, warm
Gun, cold temps = condensation? More misfires? I plan to go out tomorrow and shoot my XD9 and my P95 9mm.

I figure the range will be pretty empty tomorrow. Hi of 32.
dress warm.

yes you will get condensation going from cold to warm. its very important to clean at the end of the day doing that.

dont use light weight lubricant that isnt designed for cold weather. even sub-freezing you need to lube with proper lubricant for the temperature.

typically pistol powders dont care about temperature. some rifle powders have a harder time igniting in extremely cold weather.

i shoot a lot in -10ish here in wisconsin ive never hard issues with my firearms having problems but i take care to lube them properly for the expected temps.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...