Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Just back frim the range (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/just-back-frim-range-52145/)

crackshot 11-20-2011 05:27 PM

Just back frim the range

Awesome time with the XD 9mm! When I read that it was double action only, I was concerned. My 40 cal sig is a very hard pull in comparison. But, the XD was very accurate, decent recoil, no misfires. And with the smooth trigger pull, it didn't seem like a double action at all.

I may switch out my Ruger P95 as my CC and switch to the XD.

CA357 11-20-2011 05:28 PM

That sounds good. Glad you're happy with the XD.

NitroxAZ 11-20-2011 09:24 PM

Glad to hear it. I love my XD45.

crackshot 11-20-2011 10:11 PM

It's a small world but as I was packing up, a fellow shooter came over and started a conversation about guns in general and he had just bought a XDm 40. We both Have a true respect for the XD although he said he thought about the 9 but wanted more stopping power.

Jpyle 11-20-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackshot (Post 632197)
Awesome time with the XD 9mm! When I read that it was double action only, I was concerned. My 40 cal sig is a very hard pull in comparison. But, the XD was very accurate, decent recoil, no misfires. And with the smooth trigger pull, it didn't seem like a double action at all.

I may switch out my Ruger P95 as my CC and switch to the XD.

Being a striker fire pistol, the DAO reference does not necessarily translate to the heavier trigger pull of a DAO hammer fired pistol or revolver. Could be why the XD trigger felt lighter than the Sig.

gorknoids 12-12-2011 02:37 AM

XD 9 is a single-action. Hence that smooth, light, crisp trigger pull. Love mine!

Jpyle 12-12-2011 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 649396)
XD 9 is a single-action. Hence that smooth, light, crisp trigger pull. Love mine!

welcome back...been a while...

crackshot 12-17-2011 11:57 PM

Anyone shoot when it's at or above freezing outside? I never have and am wondering if there is anything I should be aware of. For example, warm
Gun, cold temps = condensation? More misfires? I plan to go out tomorrow and shoot my XD9 and my P95 9mm.

I figure the range will be pretty empty tomorrow. Hi of 32.

JonM 12-18-2011 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackshot (Post 654524)
Anyone shoot when it's at or above freezing outside? I never have and am wondering if there is anything I should be aware of. For example, warm
Gun, cold temps = condensation? More misfires? I plan to go out tomorrow and shoot my XD9 and my P95 9mm.

I figure the range will be pretty empty tomorrow. Hi of 32.

dress warm.

yes you will get condensation going from cold to warm. its very important to clean at the end of the day doing that.

dont use light weight lubricant that isnt designed for cold weather. even sub-freezing you need to lube with proper lubricant for the temperature.

typically pistol powders dont care about temperature. some rifle powders have a harder time igniting in extremely cold weather.

i shoot a lot in -10ish here in wisconsin ive never hard issues with my firearms having problems but i take care to lube them properly for the expected temps.