Joining the XDM Owner club
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

Joining the XDM Owner club

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6828 Times on 3631 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Default Joining the XDM Owner club

Just purchased a XDm 45acp 4.5" this morning. pictures and range report to follow soon. cant pick it up till wednesday due to our idiotic 48hour wait.

also ordered a 9mm XDm 4.5" for my wife.

i pulled the trigger on em due to the sale my lgs was running 13% off plus the gear up offer from springfield for the extra 3 mags i couldnt resist any longer.

600$ for mine 550$ for my wife's.

i could prolly get a LITTLE cheaper from a big online thing but i prefer supporting my local gun store
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #2

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Great Deal!

That's a great deal! I would have loved to have gotten 3 extra mags.

And welcome to the club, to you and yours!

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 09-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
That's a great deal! I would have loved to have gotten 3 extra mags.

And welcome to the club, to you and yours!
thanks it was more due to my wife choosing the 9mm xdm for her ccw/oc weapon. so i got one cuz she has a easy time with the guns without manual safeties and the xdm has a grip safety. if she has to pick mine up i want her to be able to use it without a problem.

i love my 1911s but i wanted a weapon to match my wife's love sux sometimes
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-13-2011, 03:34 AM   #4

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 60

I'd like to hear what you think of shooting the .45 when you get it out to the range. As fat as the grip has to be for a double stack I want to know how easy the transition for multiple shots is. I have the 3.8 XDm9 and it fits really well in my hand. I'm not so sure about the .45 with my size M hands. Good buy by the way. You won't be sorry about the way the XD's shoot.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

its not much bigger than the xdm in 9mm. i havent actually fired the 45 version but i have the 9mm. i cant really tell much diff. in grip size. since there will be two in the house i will do a close side by side comparison end of the month when i get back from texas. i wont have any range time with the wife's 9mm until then.

i would say just from gripping it in the shop its a lot like my old sig P226 in grip size. according to research ive done SA reduced the thickness of the 45 grip to offset the larger mag size. but ill get the calipers out and do some measuring.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Congrats on the buy!. The XDm is great.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #7

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i would say just from gripping it in the shop its a lot like my old sig P226 in grip size.
Ah, that would explain why the XDM and the P226/9 have the best "grip-feel" for me.

Also love the feel of the Kimber Pro Carry II. It's another gun that just feels perfect in my hands.

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 09-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
Ah, that would explain why the XDM and the P226/9 have the best "grip-feel" for me.

Also love the feel of the Kimber Pro Carry II. It's another gun that just feels perfect in my hands.
Ive wanted a double stack 45acp for a long time but all the ones ive tried from para ord to hk usp to glock to fnh just dont feel right. The xd 45 was close but the xdm feels waay better and the springfield mag promotion was the tipping point.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
I'd like to hear what you think of shooting the .45 when you get it out to the range. As fat as the grip has to be for a double stack I want to know how easy the transition for multiple shots is. I have the 3.8 XDm9 and it fits really well in my hand. I'm not so sure about the .45 with my size M hands. Good buy by the way. You won't be sorry about the way the XD's shoot.
I have an XDm 9mm and I'm getting the .45 version next month. The grip size difference is not really that big. I have a couple of full size Gen4 Glocks that I can't reach the mag release on without regripping the gun. But with the XDm, I don't have that problem. It might be grip size or angle...not sure. I do know that the .45 is very close to the 9mm as far as the grip goes.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 2005