I think a Glock lover just got converted....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > I think a Glock lover just got converted....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default I think a Glock lover just got converted....

A family friend called me Sunday night and was telling me he just bought another gun. I asked what he bought and he started telling me he went in to buy another Glock. First thing I said was "what the hell for? Why aren't you looking at the XDs?"

And he said that the gun shop didn't have the Glock he was looking for and the guy convinced him to look at the XDM. Said after some thinking he decided to buy it. His opinion of it was that was the sweetest shooting gun he owns and he was really glad they didn't have the Glock in stock or he'd have never even looked at it.

Just when I was beginning to think this guy didn't have any sense. lol

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I've never shot a Glock, so I can't comment on that.....but.......the XDM is a wonderful pistol!

It's like paradise on Earth, enriched with the ever so sweet nectar of
elk urine.

When you're out there by yourself, you become who you really are.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I smell another 47 page pissing contest coming. Why is it necessary to start one nearly every day? If the title was "An XD convert" - a contest doesn't start...

Last edited by NGIB; 10-05-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Glock are for those who can't handle a 1911.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 10-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I don't understand people's obsession for or against a particular brand of firearm. I have only three criteria for me to love a pistol:

1) It feels good in the hand
2) It's accurate out of the box
3) Rarely if ever fails to feed

In those respects I've loved nearly every pistol I've owned with two exceptions: Some hunk of steel S&W (which is the only Smith I ever owned. Can't stand S&W) and a Ruger P89 (also the only Ruger I've ever owned, though I am open to a 10/22 and/or a revolver by Ruger)

While my Colt Combat Elite and my SIG P220 are my favorite hand guns, I once owned a first generation Glock 17 with high cap mags that never failed me.

I guess I am saying that it's the man that makes the gun, not the other way around.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I smell another 47 page pissing contest coming. Why is it necessary to start one nearly every day? If the title was "An XD convert" - a contest doesn't start...

If you want to start a pissing contest just type Glock and 1911 (or other) in the same sentence.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 10-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #7

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I'm already taking water pills sop I can pis the longest An d washing them down with coffee and cheap draft beer. Toss in a few white castles and I'm gonna clear this room out yo!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I posted this in the XD section not the Glock section. I didn't think XD people pissed and moaned.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
I don't understand people's obsession for or against a particular brand of firearm. I have only three criteria for me to love a pistol:

1) It feels good in the hand
2) It's accurate out of the box
3) Rarely if ever fails to feed

In those respects I've loved nearly every pistol I've owned with two exceptions: Some hunk of steel S&W (which is the only Smith I ever owned. Can't stand S&W) and a Ruger P89 (also the only Ruger I've ever owned, though I am open to a 10/22 and/or a revolver by Ruger)

While my Colt Combat Elite and my SIG P220 are my favorite hand guns, I once owned a first generation Glock 17 with high cap mags that never failed me.

I guess I am saying that it's the man that makes the gun, not the other way around.
WORD, do we really need to say anymore?

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like Glocks and other pistols/revolvers/1911. I shot the XDM and Glocks both shoot great. I just get a kick from rattling the Glock Fanboys cage.

Closed Thread