Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   I think a Glock lover just got converted.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/i-think-glock-lover-just-got-converted-32660/)

BunnyWabbit 10-05-2010 04:22 PM

I think a Glock lover just got converted....

A family friend called me Sunday night and was telling me he just bought another gun. I asked what he bought and he started telling me he went in to buy another Glock. First thing I said was "what the hell for? Why aren't you looking at the XDs?"

And he said that the gun shop didn't have the Glock he was looking for and the guy convinced him to look at the XDM. Said after some thinking he decided to buy it. His opinion of it was that was the sweetest shooting gun he owns and he was really glad they didn't have the Glock in stock or he'd have never even looked at it.

Just when I was beginning to think this guy didn't have any sense. lol :D

amoroque 10-05-2010 04:25 PM

I've never shot a Glock, so I can't comment on that.....but.......the XDM is a wonderful pistol!

NGIB 10-05-2010 04:48 PM

I smell another 47 page pissing contest coming. Why is it necessary to start one nearly every day? If the title was "An XD convert" - a contest doesn't start...

007BondJamesBond007 10-05-2010 04:55 PM

Glock are for those who can't handle a 1911.:)

user4 10-05-2010 04:56 PM

I don't understand people's obsession for or against a particular brand of firearm. I have only three criteria for me to love a pistol:

1) It feels good in the hand
2) It's accurate out of the box
3) Rarely if ever fails to feed

In those respects I've loved nearly every pistol I've owned with two exceptions: Some hunk of steel S&W (which is the only Smith I ever owned. Can't stand S&W) and a Ruger P89 (also the only Ruger I've ever owned, though I am open to a 10/22 and/or a revolver by Ruger)

While my Colt Combat Elite and my SIG P220 are my favorite hand guns, I once owned a first generation Glock 17 with high cap mags that never failed me.

I guess I am saying that it's the man that makes the gun, not the other way around.

007BondJamesBond007 10-05-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 363386)
I smell another 47 page pissing contest coming. Why is it necessary to start one nearly every day? If the title was "An XD convert" - a contest doesn't start...

If you want to start a pissing contest just type Glock and 1911 (or other) in the same sentence.

DrumJunkie 10-05-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 363386)

I'm already taking water pills sop I can pis the longest An d washing them down with coffee and cheap draft beer. Toss in a few white castles and I'm gonna clear this room out yo! :eek:

BunnyWabbit 10-05-2010 05:05 PM

I posted this in the XD section not the Glock section. I didn't think XD people pissed and moaned.:p

hunter Joe 10-05-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ineffable (Post 363394)
I don't understand people's obsession for or against a particular brand of firearm. I have only three criteria for me to love a pistol:

1) It feels good in the hand
2) It's accurate out of the box
3) Rarely if ever fails to feed

In those respects I've loved nearly every pistol I've owned with two exceptions: Some hunk of steel S&W (which is the only Smith I ever owned. Can't stand S&W) and a Ruger P89 (also the only Ruger I've ever owned, though I am open to a 10/22 and/or a revolver by Ruger)

While my Colt Combat Elite and my SIG P220 are my favorite hand guns, I once owned a first generation Glock 17 with high cap mags that never failed me.

I guess I am saying that it's the man that makes the gun, not the other way around.

WORD, do we really need to say anymore?

007BondJamesBond007 10-05-2010 05:12 PM

I like Glocks and other pistols/revolvers/1911. I shot the XDM and Glocks both shoot great. I just get a kick from rattling the Glock Fanboys cage.