I just purchased my Springfield xdm .45 Tactical
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > I just purchased my Springfield xdm .45 Tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default I just purchased my Springfield xdm .45 Tactical

Just purchased my first .45 pistol a xdm .45 Tactical.. I have seen so many good reviews on it.. I already own a Glock .40 23 and I wanted to go with a Springfield this time..I love the look and the feel of the pistol..one problem though I live in California and it only comes with 10 round mags not the normal 13..please give me some feedback I'm sure you guys know more about this pistol then I do please share! Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I have had an XD45 tactical/geezer barrel for about a year and a half i guess. It has never jammed or failed me in any way. I would assume the XDm would be even more reliable. Be wary of the little plastic loop "holster"; make sure it is free of any debris before using it; a buddy scuffed his slide on his XD9 on day one due to some debris in the "holster".

There is still inexpensive land in FREE states; consider your options.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks bro did he have the holster that comes with the pistol?

Old 12-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieboots View Post
Thanks bro did he have the holster that comes with the pistol?
Yes, he had the little loop of plastic they include as a "holster". This was the first pistol i have bought that came with a magazine loading tool/assist; it has been darned handy.

Oh, BTW, i have used a variety of wallyworld and other inexpensive ammo with NO problems in my XD45. It likes or has liked Blazer, Federal, Winchester white box, and a few others. I even ran some WWB that must have gotten damp on the loading dock; it had discolored marks on the cases but ran through just fine. I use the standard FMJ ball ammo for practice, but the hollow points i use for self defense feed fine at the range too (unlike some more picky firearms).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 12-28-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Great info thank you!

Old 12-31-2011, 12:53 PM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I got some spare mags from Midway I believe. They were a lot cheaper than Springfield. Same mag, Springfield marked.
Digests any ammo I have put thru mine like Orangello said.
I don't like the holster or the mag carriers that came with the pistol. Thinking about leather for both or a drop leg tactical.
You're going to like your new Tactical. Read the Manual and take it to the range with you. Safety first.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #7

Sort of off topic but I've got to give Midway some love.

I buy a lot of stuff overall online, and Midway, by far is the best online company I have ever dealt with.

The website is good, customer service is good, and they bar none are the fastest shippers in the online industry. They have gone way above expectations on 2 orders now.