Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > I don't know why.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow
Not finding it on u tube.
Looked it up, its at... "Rescue 911 episode 413- oklahoma cops documentary".
Sorry can't figure out how to post links on my phone.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #22

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

Looked it up, its at... "Rescue 911 episode 413- oklahoma cops documentary".
Sorry can't figure out how to post links on my phone.
Correction on time of death, he held on for a week.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #23

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Zamzow,I’m not trying to pick on you but you need to do some reading of reports and articles, less gun forums and fill you que with some real life experience. Once you do that if your opinion is for a 40+ cal then right on, its all about placement with auto handgun ammo anyway.
As far as 22lr, my BF died from one shot when I was 19, he was 20 in shape on meth and whiskey, smack dab in the middle of a small 400 person logging town so problems are the same everywhere.That being said I there was another shoot out about 300 yards from my house , guy I worked with was shot in the knee with a 115 FMJ 9mm and it deflected off of his knee cap,not a square shot, he returned fire and shot the guy I didn’t know in the hip with a 7mm mag hunting rifle and killed him, bled out.

Militaries have been killing each other with 9x19 for better than 100 years.

Here are a couple reasons to consider 9mm

Low ammo cost= low practice cost
High capacity
Lower recoil
Quicker follow up shots
More common, easier to aquire

And if you use high quality high pressure +P ammo the power is respectable. 12 inches being the FBI minimum penetration

And I think your theory that 9mm are only good for beginners is lame. I find that the more experienced people can do the job with most all calibers because the understand firearms, ballistics and shot placement.

Last edited by oli700; 04-29-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 AM   #24

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
...I find that the more experienced people can do the job with most all calibers because the understand firearms, ballistics and shot placement.
Those who think they know guns will argue caliber. Those who know guns know that David took out Goliath with a single stone to the head. Whatever caliber one is shooting in a defensive encounter, just keep pulling the trigger until the threat has stopped or until the firearm is empty.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #25
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

....because with modern, premium defensive ammunition, there really isn't a whisker of a difference between a .38Spl and a .45ACP IF the shooter does his job. Let's face it...a miss with a 45 is still a miss, and the disrupted air around the target created by a 45 slug chugging on by isn't going to do anything.

I chuckle at all the so-called tactical teddy wannabes who preach 45, and insult the manhood of those who carry a 9mm. Those guys are the douchetards who hang metalic testicles from the back of their trucks, and secretly wish they could grow a mullett.

NO ONE likes to leak, and from personal experience, when I carried a 9mm as a department issued duty weapon....and was forced to use it in an on duty incident...the feller didn't laugh and snicker that I shot him with a 9mm. In fact, he didn't say ANYTHING. SHOT PLACEMENT. If you can't hit...you can't hit. If you CAN hit...then it don't mean dick-o-la if the one getting hit is hit with a .38 or a .45 in a vital area.

So...lemme see...across the board...9mm is a more accurate round in identical handguns chambered the 40 (think Glock 17 and 22, or the Sig 226, or the S&W M&P9 or M&P40). the 9mm will always win. True....most guys can't shoot their gun as well as it is capable of being shot...but a miss is still a miss.

I will carry my 23 year old Glock 19 happily, knowing it will always do the job I need it to do. The same can be said if I am carrying my Glock 22 or 22RTF in .40, or any of the 45 pistols I own. It's the HITS that count.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #26

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Jeeze- How'd I miss yet another great 9mm vs ? thread

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 04-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #27

Liked 323 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
Zamzow,I’m not trying to pick on you but you need to do some reading of reports and articles, less gun forums and fill you que with some real life experience. Once you do that if your opinion is for a 40+ cal then right on, its all about placement with auto handgun ammo anyway.
As far as 22lr, my BF died from one shot when I was 19, he was 20 in shape on meth and whiskey, smack dab in the middle of a small 400 person logging town so problems are the same everywhere.That being said I there was another shoot out about 300 yards from my house , guy I worked with was shot in the knee with a 115 FMJ 9mm and it deflected off of his knee cap,not a square shot, he returned fire and shot the guy I didn’t know in the hip with a 7mm mag hunting rifle and killed him, bled out.

Militaries have been killing each other with 9x19 for better than 100 years.

Here are a couple reasons to consider 9mm

Low ammo cost= low practice cost
High capacity
Lower recoil
Quicker follow up shots
More common, easier to aquire

And if you use high quality high pressure +P ammo the power is respectable. 12 inches being the FBI minimum penetration

And I think your theory that 9mm are only good for beginners is lame. I find that the more experienced people can do the job with most all calibers because the understand firearms, ballistics and shot placement.
+100 ^^^.... i carry a 9mm i believe it to be very adequate, theres plenty of research to show it is.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #28

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

I'm not saying the 9mm is a bad round or a worthless round by any means. It will easily put a person to the ground. I just like the 40 and 45 caliber. It's just that a personal choice is all.

Zamzow

Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #29

Liked 323 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 915

yes i have 40cal, 45cal, 38spl and more but i do like 9mm its just prefrence more than anything.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #30

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow View Post
...I just like the 40 and 45 caliber. It's just that a personal choice is all...
In my line of business I might need the horsepower that will go through a vehicle door, or wall, or some other type of reinforced cover. The .45 +P+ FMJ is the choice of round coming down range. Hello!!!