I don't know why. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

I don't know why.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow
Doesn't matter how much pcp Ur on one shot to the head and Ur down. You must not know much about Some .22s they can be very powerful. my buddy has a old style 220 swift. Very fast powerful round. Snipers wet dream for a .22
First off, there's a difference between 220 swift and .22, the projectile is the same diameter but the swift has a bit more velocity.

Second of all, if some guy on pcp breaks into your house in the middle of the night, are you gonna be able to pull off that head shot in the dark while they're coming at you? Maybe, but not likely.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #12

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow
Doesn't matter how much pcp Ur on one shot to the head and Ur down. You must not know much about Some .22s they can be very powerful. my buddy has a old style 220 swift. Very fast powerful round. Snipers wet dream for a .22
That has been proved false on many occasion. .22's have high lethality rate, but very poor incapacitating rate. Seen this qith my own eyes, had a buddy in high school that was shot in the head while driving by some punks, didn't even know he was shot for awhile, eventually died from his wound but several hours later. His story was featured on the show "cops" I was told its on youtubbe now look up Tommy Bias.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #13

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

True that I'm just saying that the 22 gets no credit but yet its the only round that has been known to ricoche (spelled that wrong) through the body. It truly is a dangerous round. No its not a huge round but its deadly in its own way.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #14

Not finding it on u tube.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #15

I'm not arguing about it being dangerous, hel a .177 pellet can be dangerous. But for defensive situations it's all about stopping power, and the .22 simply has none.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

That has been proved false on many occasion. .22's have high lethality rate, but very poor incapacitating rate. Seen this qith my own eyes, had a buddy in high school that was shot in the head while driving by some punks, didn't even know he was shot for awhile, eventually died from his wound but several hours later. His story was featured on the show "cops" I was told its on youtubbe now look up Tommy Bias.
I remember that episode of cops, f'n crazy man. I've heard stories like that all my life but never actually saw it first hand.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #17

True it doesn't and yes in home defense its all about stopping power. However if that's all u have its better then nothing. Lol. Fire all of then reload and fire all of them again.lol.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #18

I'm former law enforcement and curently work Security. I carried a Glock 22 and Glock 23 while on duty. That's a bit much for me when I'm not on the job. The kel tec pf9 is so light and compact you don't even notice it.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #19

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I carry a 9mm when not home. Shot placement is what dictates how a scenario is going to play out 90% of the time, not how large a caliber you are firing at them. If you train on a regular basis shot placement will come along with muscle memory, muscle memory can take a 1/3 of the stress out of a situation for the shooter. Point is, I wouldn't get all caught up in how big the rounds you are firing, I would worry about where they are going because when all is said and done you are still responsible for where everyone of those fired rounds land.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #20

Good point.

Newest Threads