guide rod info

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > guide rod info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default guide rod info

Does anyone have any info about install a new guide rod that I just ordered? I also got a new spring.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamardo View Post
Does anyone have any info about install a new guide rod that I just ordered? I also got a new spring.
Actually quite easy. What kind of rod and spring did you get? It just goes right into the place of the old one. With some of the rods you will need a bushing that goes in the hole on the slide.

I have a Don's Stainless Steel Guide Rod on mine. He is the expert. You find info on the XD Talk site under his forum pages.
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

* Rom. 12:12

"The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him."
- Henry Varley to DL Moody

"I felt only as a man can feel who is roaming over the prairies of the far West, well armed, and mounted on a fleet and gallant steed." - Buffalo Bill

Old 02-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #3

I ran a Don's Guide rod in my XD9 Service as well. I had an 18 (basically stock) and 22 lb springs for it to swap between.

Basically, pull the stock rod out, insert the bushing in the front of the slide, put the new spring on the rod and install it just like the stock piece did.

I'm waiting for Don to figure out something for the SubCompacts...

Simon

XD-9 SubCompact -- Walther P22 -- Savage 110 -- Mossberg 835 -- Ruger 10/22 -- Bushmaster 16" AR-15