grip safety spring
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > grip safety spring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default grip safety spring

Hello I was wondering how many xdm owners out there have had there grip safety spring break on the mine broke three days ago and if u have had it break what type of spring did u replace it with

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That is the first I've heard of that issue. I would contact Springfield and ask them to send you a replacement.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Old 07-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Are you sure the spring broke? Or is there some sort of debris stuck between the lever and grip, like pocket lint etc. Just bringing this up in case, otherwise do what was said above, call Springfield. I did some searches on the subject, and the springs do break. I also found that the spring is very difficult to replace and several sites that sell the spring says that and recommends a gun smith to do the job. In any case, good luck with replacing the spring and keep us posted.

Last edited by yogiboobooranger; 07-08-2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: adding info

Old 07-12-2013, 04:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiboobooranger View Post
I also found that the spring is very difficult to replace and several sites that sell the spring says that and recommends a gun smith to do the job. In any case, good luck with replacing the spring and keep us posted.
You can't always believe what you read. I changed mine out about a week after I bought my XDs45. Installed a PRP spring kit (waste of money in my opinion). It wasn't that difficult to do.

Of course....maybe you shouldn't believe what I just wrote either.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Old 07-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #5

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts

[QUOTE="arizona98tj;1302091"]

You can't always believe what you read. I changed mine out about a week after I bought my XDs45. Installed a PRP spring kit (waste of money in my opinion). It wasn't that difficult to do.

Of course....maybe you shouldn't believe what I just wrote either. /QUOTE]

I was gonna get the PRP kit, decided to wait a few 100 rounds and glad I did the trigger is near perfect for a carry gun.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #6

I have PRP trigger kits in my other 3 XD handguns and they all work perfectly. However, their "spring kit" is pretty bad. After install 4 of the 5 springs (left the striker spring out), I measured the improvement with a trigger pull gauge. An ounce....wow! I put the striker spring in....dropped it about a pound. Took it to the range....light primer strikes...lots of them. Took it back home, pulled the stiker spring....is now back to 100% reliable.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com