You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

Glock to XD-S?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2015, 03:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Default Glock to XD-S?

I bought my first Springfield Armory product last year because I was tired of buying Glocks, CZs, and Rugers..
and the price was right.
Glock to XD-S? - XD Forum
So far, I've shot my XD-S .45 more than a few times and found that it handles both 230 grain FMJ practice
ammo and my Double Tap +P ammo just fine.
Far better than the also light, but very wispy to shoot Glock 36 than I sold quickly.

The XD-S recoil spring system seems superior to Glock's for recoil control.

So, that said.

I have to tell you that@7 yards, 10 yards, or even 20 yards, the XD-S is super accurate, and
far more accurate than my new Glock 43.

One hole groups if I concentrate on the trigger.

Nothing else that I have will do that, and only my old CZ97B would shoot that good!

The Springfield holds as many rounds ( 5-6-7 shot mags) and throws a much bigger bullet.

That said, I'm now looking at buying a new XD-S (Bi-Tone) 4.0 in 9mm for winter carry, esp. with their
gear promotion going on.
Holster(s) would be no problem as I already have an IWB for my XD-S 3.3 that Should work for
the 4.0 bi-tone.

What are your thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2015, 08:20 PM   #2

Liked 329 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 289

I like the Glock compact frames but I don't care for the baby Glocks. I'm very happy with the XD-S 3.3 in .45, points very natural for me.

I've run my XD-S fairly hard since I got it last summer, 230 gr range ammo and Underwood 200 gr bonded JHP for carry. Installed a set of XS Big Dot 24/7 sights, a favorite system of mine for close quarters work.

I carry with the 5 rd mag and a modified Pearce extension. Reliability has been excellent and I have full confidence in the weapon.

I do switch to a Glock 32 when seasons and/or conditions allow or require.
File Type: jpg P1020976.jpg (62.0 KB, 62 views)

Old 11-26-2015, 11:47 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Nice. They should offer the XDS in .357 SIG for those of you who can find or reload
the ammo.
Not a reality for me unless I want to order online, same for 10mm.

Happy Holidays!

Old 11-27-2015, 12:39 AM   #4

Liked 110 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I went from Glock (21) to xdm 45 and I will never buy another Glock. I just found that the xdm does virtually everything better, at least for me.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:00 AM   #5

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Congrats on the New Love.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:01 AM   #6

Liked 329 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by czrami View Post
Nice. They should offer the XDS in .357 SIG for those of you who can find or reload
the ammo.....
If they'd build an XDS 4.0 in .357 Sig I'd be first in line for it. I really like the cartridge. I do though order most of my ammo online. Underwood for carry ammo and a few reman distributors for range & plinkin'. I plan to add the .357 to my reloading repertoire this next summer. The cartridge can be hard on a working man's pocketbook.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:49 AM   #7

Liked 311 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I've LONG liked the XD/XDm/XDs platforms over Glock by a long shot! 1 of the main features I like is the grip safety. An act of congress or a 20 mule team cannot make it malfunction, Also the grip fits & points better & more naturally for me.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:25 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I really like my XDS 45,it's nice to shoot and carry,to date i have shot 7000 rounds through it with no problems at all,can't beat that.almost thinking of buying another one.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 33

test the 7 round magazine real good before you start relying on it, a few people me included, had feeding problems with the 7 rounder magazine on the XDs.