Finally got and shot my XD 40 sub-compact
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Finally got and shot my XD 40 sub-compact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 04:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Finally got and shot my XD 40 sub-compact

I picked up my new XD-40 sub-compact on saturday, and went to a friend's house and shot it. I only ran a little over 40 rounds through it, because it was in the 20's out and my fingers were getting really numb. The gun fired perfect every time and the recoil wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. My friend has a Sig Sauer 229 in .45, that is a full size 1911. Both of our pistols kicked about the same. We traded off and couldn't tell a difference between the two as far as recoil. I could shoot his more accurately then I could mine, but I suspect that is because of the short barrel on mine. I plan n doing alot more shooting when it warms up, and hopefully start shooting alot more accurately. I could put 5 rounds in a 4 inch circle at about 20 or so feet. Not too bad for the first day with the gun. I really like how the gun felt in my hand. The 12 round magazine with the grip extension makes it really nice to target shoot with. The short 9 round magazine is good to carry conceled with. It was well worth the money.

Proud NRA member

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2008, 08:16 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congratulations! A good choice on your part.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #3

The Pearce grip extension is a nice addition to the shorty mags for the SC. I added them to my XD9 SC and it gives just a little extra room for my pinky to sit.

As for accuracy - You're shooting a full size 1911 vs a 3" barrel... You would probably be just as accurate with an XD in service or tactical (4 or 5" barrels)...

Good purchase though!

Simon

XD-9 SubCompact -- Walther P22 -- Savage 110 -- Mossberg 835 -- Ruger 10/22 -- Bushmaster 16" AR-15

Old 02-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #4

Default Anyone shoot Aquila ammo?

Has anyone ever shot Aquila ammo through your gun? I just ordered 250 rounds for $17.20 per box delivered. It is supposedly made by Remington in Mexico. I couldn't find any reviews, but it is full metal jacket and brass casings. I'll let you know how it shoots when I receive it.

Proud NRA member

Old 02-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #5

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Was that 17.20 per box of 50? I buy most of my .40 range ammo at Walmart when they have it and Wideners when they don't. Wideners still has the CCI aluminum in .40 for less than $10 per box, quick delivery as well.

All my guns, and I have a wide range of makes, shoot this stuff just fine. Just wanted to give you a heads up...

Old 02-24-2008, 03:08 AM   #6

I usually pickup WWB at WalMart as well. It's the cheapest I've found, unless you're going bulk and getting 500-1000+ at a time.

Simon

XD-9 SubCompact -- Walther P22 -- Savage 110 -- Mossberg 835 -- Ruger 10/22 -- Bushmaster 16" AR-15

Old 02-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #7

Thanks for the info guys, I'll check it out next time I go to Walmart.

Proud NRA member