CrossBreed SuperTuck, XD45 compact
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > CrossBreed SuperTuck, XD45 compact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default CrossBreed SuperTuck, XD45 compact

My new IWB holster for my XD 45 came in today and I have to say that I am pleased. I have only had it on for a couple hours and despite not being broken in- it is very comfortable. This is the SuperTuck in natural horsehide, with the "snaplock clip" retention. I sit in an office chair for about half of my day so comfort while sitting was a must. I am still experimenting with best placement but so far about 4 o'clock seems to be the winner. The holster is adjustable for rise as well as cant with quite a few possibilities.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

...and a few more.

adjustment options:

I'll report back of fit and any complaints/ praises as it breaks in...

Old 02-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Old 02-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #4

Does the compact seem hard to conceal? I am in a toss up on the XDM40 or the XD40sc.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
Does the compact seem hard to conceal? I am in a toss up on the XDM40 or the XD40sc.
Very hard, yes. Wait, you mean difficult,lol. (j/k)

Yes and no. I would not want to slow dance wearing it... I am 6'2" and 180lbs with no ass so many full/mid size guns present a challenge as far as concealment. However, I live in an area of the country that a sweatshirt or light jacket is comfortable for all the summer months except about 2 weeks in August. The style of clothing I typically wear makes a big difference as well. I tend to wear slightly baggy, un-tucked button down shirts which work great for me, as far as concealment.

Today is a special day at work and I really dressed up (lol) with a tucked in, long sleeve T and if you were not looking for it, I don't think you would be able to tell I was carrying the XD- other than, when bending over where the pistol clearly prints. Personally I think 90% of the population would not even take notice (other than other permit holders who would recognize a pistol "printing") I am fortunate to live in a very gun friendly state though so my point of view is based on this reality. It may be different if I lived in one of those other states.

I would buy the XDM40 hands down over the XD subcompact but if you are looking specifically for a concealment piece the subcompact would probably be a better option. I would probably not choose either as a primary CC. I am currently having a love affair with this gun though so it accompanies me everywhere. It's a great shooter, it's winter and I can manipulate it well with gloves on, I have had exactly zero malfunctions in the 400+ rounds I've put through it with several different types of ammo, and with the compact coming with the full size mag with grip extension it was an easy $500 decision. When the XDM 45 comes out, I will be drooling at the door.

Last edited by Slawth; 02-04-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:51 AM   #6

Very well concealed. Looks like it may be hot in normal summer days. How comfy is it without a shirt between the holster and skin? Does it get old or is it ok? Looks good though, very well concealed. You would have to be looking for it to possibly see anything. And really until you bent over like in the pick, even then its hard to see whats going on. Looks good though. Take care.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobiesun View Post
Very well concealed. Looks like it may be hot in normal summer days. How comfy is it without a shirt between the holster and skin? Does it get old or is it ok? Looks good though, very well concealed. You would have to be looking for it to possibly see anything. And really until you bent over like in the pick, even then its hard to see whats going on. Looks good though. Take care.
So far it is very comfortable against the skin. I've only had it a few days so I haven't nastied it all up with sweat yet though. I went with the horse hide knowing I would be wearing it against bare skin most of the time.

As it is softening up, the retention is a little loose for my liking but they give you directions how to adjust it with a wet towel and a hair dryer if you want to go it yourself- or you can send it back and they will do it for free. The Kydex is a very interesting material....