Crimson Trace
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Crimson Trace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Crimson Trace

Well I should be picking up my .45 compact when I get off he boat.
Going with the stainless slide. I'm left eye dominant and a right handed shooter. Which I've learned to overcome but is still a pain in the ass. So this carry gun is going to receive a laser treatment. I hate rail mount lasers or lights on a handgun but picked up a dummy XD with the new Crimson Trace grip mount and found it exceptionally comfortable and natural feeling. So for stickin out another $230 what's anyones opinion on these lasers

IMG_0973.JPG

Last edited by Woody; 09-03-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have CT Laser Grips on my P228 (9mm) and P229 (.40S&W) "carry" pistols. At weekly range sessions, I practice shooting sights only, laser only and sights with laser. Without question, my groupings are much better with laser engaged. For me, I regard the lasers as an essential tool to assure that I am likely to be on target should a high stress encounter ever occur.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Well I should be picking up my .45 compact when I get off he boat.
Going with the stainless slide. I'm left eye dominant and a right handed shooter. Which I've learned to overcome but is still a pain in the ass. So this carry gun is going to receive a laser treatment. I hate rail mount lasers or lights on a handgun but picked up a dummy XD with the new Crimson Trace grip mount and found it exceptionally comfortable and natural feeling. So for stickin out another $230 what's anyones opinion on these lasers

IMG_0973.JPG
On the new XD45 , the crimson Trace will not work, already tried a set on my XD45, the thumb safty will not operate with Crimson Trace, when you slide it over the grips, it engages the thumb safty and you cannot disengage it with the grips on.On my xd, the thumb safty is on both sides, therefore the first thought of just trimming the left side will not work, since the right and left work together and the laser is right where you would need to trim on the right side.

Had to send them back for a rail system.

Layton

Old 09-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #4

Where can one pick up a rail mount laser for the XD9 w/4" barrel ?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #5

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I haven't used any laser systems yet, but if CT won't work for you have you considered getting lasermax, its the one that replaces your guide spring rod.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 09-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD9MM View Post
Where can one pick up a rail mount laser for the XD9 w/4" barrel ?
Laser 4 Gun, Laser Sights Tactical Lights Free Shipping

Layton

Old 09-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
I haven't used any laser systems yet, but if CT won't work for you have you considered getting lasermax, its the one that replaces your guide spring rod.
I thought about that one before I bought the rail mounted one,but the thing that concerned me was the repeated recoil effect on it due to the action of the spring, so that is why I went with the rail mount.

Layton

Old 09-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post
On the new XD45 , the crimson Trace will not work, already tried a set on my XD45, the thumb safty will not operate with Crimson Trace, when you slide it over the grips, it engages the thumb safty and you cannot disengage it with the grips on.On my xd, the thumb safty is on both sides, therefore the first thought of just trimming the left side will not work, since the right and left work together and the laser is right where you would need to trim on the right side.

Had to send them back for a rail system.

Layton
I don't remember the XD I'm getting having the opitional ambidexterios saftey but I'll be sure to check that out
CT says the model LG-445 fits all xd 45 acp
except with opitional ambidexterious thumb saftety

Last edited by Woody; 09-05-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:35 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Which "boat"?

Old 09-06-2009, 06:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Which "boat"?
I'm a Capn on one of the towboats that run the Ohio River from Cairo IL to Pittsburg PA