Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Confusion, confusion...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Just for thought zhuk... the M&P comes with three sizes of palm swell for the grip. I have the small one on my 45 as I also have little mitts

Makes handling a double stack easier.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:09 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Clearly this isn't oranges/oranges, but the fix I found when shooting left-handed (My weak side) for that same problem was dialing in just a little more thumb. Even having played guitar for 35 years, I had a Hell of a time not "milking" the grip left-handed, but once I backed it up with my thumb it all came together.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 07-14-2010, 02:35 AM   #13

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

If you decide you like the M&P, and if its a possibility, order the M&P Pro. Much better trigger.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 AM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
FWIW, I used to put my shots to the right as well. I had to work on my grip and my front sight alignment.

Yeah, I knew my grip was pretty dodgy, CA. Apart from feeling rather rusty due to the length of time since I've shot a handgun, that enhanced recoil was kicking like a mule when you're only used to 9mm, heh.

Know I need a lot more practice. And at least this can happen when I have my own firearm. Shooting once a week in competitions only you never really get to know what you're doing wrong - just that you suck, relatively lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Nice looking range there Z!
I also like that front site on the HS.

Those groups don't look so bad to me. It would be cool if you could side-by-side the two pistols in 9mm, but that sounds like a long shot.

So, if you get the HS and don't LOVE it, can you sell it to another club member or back to the shop or what?

Yes this is a good question! Don't really know re the shop policy...not being many pistol shooters in total I have no idea how easy they would be to shift; will have to ask. As for other members, its primarily a service rifle club (which also does pistol/shotgun/metallic silhouette .22 - the only one in Aust to have multi-disciplines) therefore not that many shoot handguns unlike a standalone Pistol club. Although as some people have mentioned that they were thinking about the HS in addition to guns they already have...so I might have that up my sleeve, orange. Thanks for the suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
Just for thought zhuk... the M&P comes with three sizes of palm swell for the grip. I have the small one on my 45 as I also have little mitts

Makes handling a double stack easier.

Yeah and mine are smaller than most - ridiculously small. That's something that I was thinking...the largest backstrap was the one fitted, and I'm wondering if my groups would have been closer to the HS with the smallest. I seemed to have to do some re-adjusting after each shot whereas it should be a solid hold continuously...could easily be sheer operator error though lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Clearly this isn't oranges/oranges, but the fix I found when shooting left-handed (My weak side) for that same problem was dialing in just a little more thumb. Even having played guitar for 35 years, I had a Hell of a time not "milking" the grip left-handed, but once I backed it up with my thumb it all came together.

Can see what you mean by 'backing up with the thumb', gork. I guess that still applies to your strong side (am lefty if that wasn't clear); and I doubt I was having any kind of decent grip Been too long away from it really....once we are back into competing and regain some familiarity, I'm going to go back to this range and re-evaluate, which might help get a better handle on the choices.

One thing about waiting for on PTA, you do have time to figure out if what you want is really what you want. Well hopefully

Appreciate the replies guys.

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D