Concealed Carry Holster for Big Man - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Concealed Carry Holster for Big Man

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Crossbreed also sells gun belts.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:53 AM   #12

This thread helped me decide on the Crossbreed Supertuck also. I too am a 6', 270ish guy, looking for a comfortable carry option. Since I have a couple weeks till I receive my new holster, I was just a little curious, about how long does it take to "Break in" the holster? I am sure it takes a little time for the leather to form to your body. How uncomfortable is the holster during the break in?

Old 02-24-2010, 06:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy821 View Post
This thread helped me decide on the Crossbreed Supertuck also. I too am a 6', 270ish guy, looking for a comfortable carry option. Since I have a couple weeks till I receive my new holster, I was just a little curious, about how long does it take to "Break in" the holster? I am sure it takes a little time for the leather to form to your body. How uncomfortable is the holster during the break in?

It takes longer to break in the horse hide (what I have) than it does the leather if its not comfy within a few days it needs to be moved to a diff spot on your body, "just don't forget the adjustable cant feature" if after exploring all adjustments and you don't find a comfy place to wear it within a few weeks I would say it might not be for you as mine was comfy right from the get go, but YMMV.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:28 AM   #14

Crossbread supertuck ..horsehide

Old 02-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Everyone talks about the crossbreed but I have never had a chance to look at one much less hold one. Guess I might have to try it out. The thing that gets me is how it looks. I have the Milt Sparks VM2 that I use for my XD. I know that it is rock solid, looks well made and is comfortable. The Crossbreed to me does not. But looks can be deceiving.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #16

Default CrossBreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
Everyone talks about the crossbreed but I have never had a chance to look at one much less hold one. Guess I might have to try it out. The thing that gets me is how it looks. I have the Milt Sparks VM2 that I use for my XD. I know that it is rock solid, looks well made and is comfortable. The Crossbreed to me does not. But looks can be deceiving.
There's not a thing in the world wrong W/ a VMax . . that I've heard of? besides the price$ and the long WAIT unless of coarse you buy from one of his LARGE quantity buyers, now why would "they" (think middleman) be selling "his" holsters?
*just kidding*
I want to try one of them myself but that's another time down the road.

Mark Craighead (Founder & CEO of CrossBreed, all around great guy!) Has a Good SOLID Product line up, and I stand by my statement that CB is a Good place to "START" and if it works well for you then why not just continue to use it? . . when you reach the point that you have learned all you need to know about your preferences in CC rigs through "EXPERIENCE" then you can go out and fling down the $$$ on some very well hand crafted CC "!$Bling$!".
Would I like to TWEAK any of his designs?, HE!! 2 dah YEAH!!, do I think they are U-G-L-Y? H.2.D.Y, "BUTT!! . . THEY WORK!!!" "for most people" (they aren't too terribly over priced for a pc of leather & a pc of plastic put together W rivets? ) for most people they are comfy They usually hold up well to years of service W minimal maintenance, !AND! Mark does stand behind his product!

Having given the above reasons, why I recommend CB & the ST, I will tell you that I am not by any means a "fan boy", if this product did not work, I would not use it.

(I've gone through about 6 diff holsters to get here incl. a Kramer Horse hide belt & holster.) I still wear the Horse hide CC belt I bought in 90 to this very day W no end in sight .

I Use CB's ST even though I really dislike what Kydex does to my polished and Bead Blasted SS guns IE; 1911's (Character marks my @$$!!!) can you say instant holster wear?!
How about mandatory refinishing costs?!

I don't have that instant holster wear problem W/ a Glock though because even the kydex doesn't seem to bother the Tennifer/Melonite Finnish on my G23.

Sorry about the long and winding ramble, YMMV.

Peace N.D.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #17
cbw

Crossbreed is ugly but very comfortable! At 6' 1" 345 I have no sharps edges for sure and find it to be a great. Canebrake and I discussed it when I was looking for a IWB for my Springfield EMP 40. I wanted a Milt sparks or a Brommend Leather Max Con V. I was able to get the Superrtuck deluxe in cowhide with a nice belt, and optional "J" hooks from Crossbreed for less than the cost of just one of the other holsters alone.

It's my first IWB and I love it.

CBW

[The odds are always 50/50

Old 02-25-2010, 01:12 AM   #18

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy821 View Post
If you got the cowhide, (I haven't tried on a horsehide) its broken in when it arrives! My ST is just as comfortable today as the day I got it!

I know, I know...too good to be true???

Just wait, you'll love it!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 02-25-2010 at 02:03 AM.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:03 AM   #19

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbw View Post
Crossbreed is ugly but very comfortable! At 6' 1" 345 I have no sharps edges for sure and find it to be a great. Canebrake and I discussed it when I was looking for a IWB for my Springfield EMP 40. I wanted a Milt sparks or a Brommend Leather Max Con V. I was able to get the Superrtuck deluxe in cowhide with a nice belt, and optional "J" hooks from Crossbreed for less than the cost of just one of the other holsters alone.

It's my first IWB and I love it.

CBW
Glad you like it!

I wish someone told me about CB. I have pissed away a S-load of $$ searching for a IWB holster as comfortable as the ST.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-26-2010, 04:05 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I guess now that I am working full time again I can afford to try a CrossBreed holster. I was thinking about getting one for my Sig P229 9mm to try. I just wish that I could see one up close, you know hold it and try it out real quick so I know if I am willing to spend the money.

Last edited by Phelenwolf; 02-26-2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: spelling