Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > concealed carry in car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKMASTER
I've been pulled over servile times for speeding before I received my CHL. All of the officers have always treated me with respect. As long as the weapons are in plain sight and the ammo is stored away from the weapons & you follow there commands & make no sudden movements. You should be ok. Before transporting Any kind of weapons always. Check with the county sheriffs / LEO's & always follow the laws in the state you live in or you are visiting. MOST LEO's are normal guys/women just like us. If they do act nervous its because they want to make it home safe..
You sir, are on point. +1 for your response.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #32

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redteck215 View Post
So i have an springfield xd .45 acp and i love it. I want to have it with me more often. Im trying to figure out a spot i can mount it the the under side of my dash. I kinda want to go with a sherpa do to the locking mech. Any ideas or pics of your set up i cant wear it on me in the car. Hurts my back really badly.
In a real life situation the serpas are awful enough as is, reaching under a dash you will never get it in time. I suggest getting some kydex, forming it, and mounting in the car where you can effectively get it. My old Jeep was set up this way.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM-LEO

You sir, are on point. +1 for your response.
Thank you Sir

Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #34

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29 View Post
In a real life situation the serpas are awful enough as is, reaching under a dash you will never get it in time. I suggest getting some kydex, forming it, and mounting in the car where you can effectively get it. My old Jeep was set up this way.

Another example of what YOUR state allows- If you have a handgun in plain sight in Texas CCL or not you would be in deep dodo

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 06-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #35

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm aware he wants concealed, I'm simply providing an example of the concept. The other problem with using a release type holster is if you need to get it out in the car quickly it would be foolish to think it is likely you will have both hands free.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29 View Post
I'm aware he wants concealed, I'm simply providing an example of the concept. The other problem with using a release type holster is if you need to get it out in the car quickly it would be foolish to think it is likely you will have both hands free.
Understand & 100% agree -

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 06-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 137 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 146

If I am Approached by LEO's I stick both hands out the window. There will be no mistakes. If
I am not wearing it I do as Nuckingfuts does.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Last edited by armsmaster270; 06-07-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #38

Sorry i havent said much wanted to see were it was goin. If you live in washington state he is the deal. As told to me from three local cops two sheriffs and one judge. If you have a concealed pistol permit and are in the car alone the gun can be absolutely anywere inside the vehicle while loaded. But if you have a passanger without a cpl then it must be on you. No if all passangers including you have a cpl it again does not matter were in the vehicle. Now if you must leave your vehicle and cant take the gun in with you say if your goin into lynnwood police station you must unload it and hide it unless you have a cpl then it can stay loaded but must be in a gun lock box and out of sight. Now i have a question. Were can i get the under the steering wheel holster?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
If I am Approached by LEO's I stick both hands out the window. There will be no mistakes. If
I am not wearing it I do as Nuckingfuts does.
If I were a LEO & you did that i would most likely just slap the cuffs on you figuring you were giving up

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET