concealed carry in car - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > concealed carry in car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 04:18 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAKDUDE

well then I have no explanation for that then. I'm from Mansfield Ohio
Perhaps they should adopt that here. You would think in a major city like Philadelphia, and all the crime in that city.. they'd be a little more prepared.

Has an officer ever approached you stating that he knew you were concealing a firearm or do they wait to see if you mention it?

Old 05-03-2012, 04:31 AM   #22

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

As posted make sure you are following your states laws. Here in Wyoming you may carry concealed or open with no permits. Loaded firearms rifles, shotguns etc are legal in a car, truck etc. The LEO can not ask you about your firearms during a traffic stop.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja

Perhaps they should adopt that here. You would think in a major city like Philadelphia, and all the crime in that city.. they'd be a little more prepared.

Has an officer ever approached you stating that he knew you were concealing a firearm or do they wait to see if you mention it?
you have to mention it first or you get arrested and I think pay a fine till you get your license back

Old 05-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid
As posted make sure you are following your states laws. Here in Wyoming you may carry concealed or open with no permits. Loaded firearms rifles, shotguns etc are legal in a car, truck etc. The LEO can not ask you about your firearms during a traffic stop.
You are very lucky :-o

Old 05-03-2012, 05:20 AM   #25

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Yes, we are. The Brady Gun Control Group gives the state an "F" every year on gun control.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ranger6 has a good pic on that setup. I have a 2000 expedition and I have a center console. I'm in Colorado so its ok to have it in my truck. I only have to take the mag out when I go inside a mil post. All my guns are registered on post. Check your local laws. If u find yourself in a place where they won't permit you to enter their establishment armed, you would have to put it in your vehicle. Watch out for prying eyes.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #27

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have a Uncle Mike's universal holster I clip in the side of my console . Holds every pistol I have removed easily.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #28

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Yes, we are. The Brady Gun Control Group gives the state an "F" every year on gun control.
Well, then" F" The Brady Gun Control Group

Last edited by HOSSFLY; 05-26-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja

If they approach your car and see a weapon within reach of your hands.. you wont have time to announce you have a ccw.

I don't like the idea of that one, just my opinion.
Personally, if mine isn't on my hip, I keep it in the small storage pocket on my door. Out of site but easily accessible.
Actually, when I pull people over and see a weapon, but it isn't in their hands, I remain calm. Most LEOs I work with don't get spooky.

If you've ever seen this happen or heard of it, it's because that cop was jumpy. Plain and simple.

The bad guy that wants to shoot me isn't going to have his weapon in plain sight. It'll be in his hand until I walk alongside him and he pulls.....

SMFH

Old 06-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I've been pulled over servile times for speeding before I received my CHL. All of the officers have always treated me with respect. As long as the weapons are in plain sight and the ammo is stored away from the weapons & you follow there commands & make no sudden movements. You should be ok. Before transporting Any kind of weapons always. Check with the county sheriffs / LEO's & always follow the laws in the state you live in or you are visiting. MOST LEO's are normal guys/women just like us. If they do act nervous its because they want to make it home safe..