Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   concealed carry in car (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/concealed-carry-car-60361/)

redteck215 03-16-2012 08:23 AM

concealed carry in car

So i have an springfield xd .45 acp and i love it. I want to have it with me more often. Im trying to figure out a spot i can mount it the the under side of my dash. I kinda want to go with a sherpa do to the locking mech. Any ideas or pics of your set up i cant wear it on me in the car. Hurts my back really badly.

mountainman13 03-16-2012 02:42 PM

I would check your local laws to start with. Here in ma if its not on you then it needs to be unloaded and locked up.

PanBaccha 03-16-2012 02:53 PM

When in the car I have my 45 plus extra magazine in cigar-box on passenger seat next to me concealed.

HOSSFLY 03-16-2012 10:44 PM

Lot depends on how you car is set up-
I have two Ford trucks, 2007 4x4 i keep one in the console- 2005 2WD it sets under the folding console cause the inside of console is a little smaller than the 4x4-
I dont think i'd want a fancy smacy under dash holster - That would limit access to drivers seat IMO :confused:

BTW- as mentioned check your laws- Here in Texas we can carry loaded handguns in our truck/car as long as its not visible----

redteck215 03-16-2012 10:55 PM

Ill have to do more research but from my understandings here in wa state if every one in the car has a concealed permit then it dont matter were its at. But we also have an open carry law too. Im aloud to open carry. I know i cant have my rifle or shotgun loaded in cars. I sit with the seat all the way back. Which is odd im only 5-7. And have a longer waist. But how i sit i have almost if not a full foot from my knees to dash. I was thinkin a sherpa type as i wheel a little bit so i want it suckure.

Phelenwolf 03-17-2012 07:03 PM

What kind of vehicle do you have? Have you thought about a shoulder holster?

I really feel sorry for some of you. I have lived in Arizona for most of my life when I was not traveling with the Army. But after readiing some of the gun laws you all post about in your states, it makes me glad I do live here.

redteck215 03-18-2012 03:20 PM

I have a 1999 ford explorer. It has the perfect curved dash under the steering wheel that will take a sherpa perfectly.

THEAKDUDE 05-03-2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redteck215
So i have an springfield xd .45 acp and i love it. I want to have it with me more often. Im trying to figure out a spot i can mount it the the under side of my dash. I kinda want to go with a sherpa do to the locking mech. Any ideas or pics of your set up i cant wear it on me in the car. Hurts my back really badly.

they have mounts for behind passenger seat and under driver

Ranger-6 05-03-2012 04:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New design for conceal carry in vehicles.

THEAKDUDE 05-03-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger-6
New design for conceal carry in vehicles.

I love it and I need one. So does my dad.