Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Competition Sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Competition Sights

Hi all.

Just picked up my XD-45 Tactical. I will be shooting it in IDPA and was wondering if anyone had any experience with comptetition sights on this model and could make some suggestions/recommendations. I have seen a pic of the Dawson fixed with a wide-notch rear and it is close to what I am looking for. (Narrow front, wide rear/fiber optic)

Thanks!

Dib

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

So long as they are IDPA legal, it's all good! I use the stock 3 dot. Sometimes I black out the rear dots. Any sight that lets you clearly see the front site will serve you well. Certainly a bright fiber should work well.

That being said, have you tried to shoot a match, or a dot drill, with the standard sites. You may not really need a new set. After all, the beauty of IDPA is its aversion to equipment upgrades. However, pimping one's pistol to make it unique is certainly an admirable thing.

GunnBugg :cool: