Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > carrying in warm weather

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by mptoth View Post
Have you seen any other brands using this style clip? Ive done some extensive searching to find a holster I really like and after seeing this j hook iwb style I think it would be a good investment. I can shoot either lefty or righty but I have yet to really find my comfort zone.
I know Galco and Crossbreed have some models with them as well as DeSantis. There are also others out there, but the names aren't coming to mind

Old 05-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #12

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

You guys are at a disadvantage when trying to CC in the summer. Us girls can go out in a tube top, hoochie shorts (or less...lol), and have a hand cannon in a small purse. Are fanny packs still in style for you guys.......

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 05-14-2013, 01:16 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
You guys are at a disadvantage when trying to CC in the summer. Us girls can go out in a tube top, hoochie shorts (or less...lol), and have a hand cannon in a small purse. Are fanny packs still in style for you guys.......
Scrub shirt in the summer, sweat shirt in the winter. I'll never be on the cover of GQ, but you would be amazed at what I have under that shirt

Old 05-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
Haha well to be honest ive never considered a fanny pack as an option at all, I live right outside of philly and I would call just as much attention with a fanny pack as I would open carrying my xdm!! younger guys draw more attention with "the pack" on haha
Old 05-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #15

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Scrub shirt in the summer, sweat shirt in the winter. I'll never be on the cover of GQ, but you would be amazed at what I have under that shirt
Amazed.........need pics

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 05-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #16

Liked 385 Times on 215 Posts

Seems to me you have the perfect excuse to go and buy another firearm!!! Perhaps a XDs or maybe a new pocket gun??

Old 05-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
Seems to me you have the perfect excuse to go and buy another firearm!!! Perhaps a XDs or maybe a new pocket gun??
Haha if youre talking to me then its funny you say that because I have been eyeing up a few different pocket guns!! Im looking for something for my wife as well as myself for a more concealed carry while out in certain circumstances. Ill be shopping around for awhile, im very picky

Old 05-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

went to the "holsterstore.com ' and bought an sob holster that is reversible, can be set up cross draw or sob. got one for my XDS and one for my SR45. I always wear oversize t shirts anyway and this holster conceals well. counting shipping about 40 Obama bucks. (from my stash not his)

Old 05-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #19

Liked 207 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Get your self a Old faithfull holster kit and you can modify it how ever you want. Best clips and most adjustable out there are from comp-tac.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #20

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
I reholster with my thumb on the back of the slide to prevent it from moving.
I wear loose fitting, untucked shirts.
It must be a Ky thing...heh. I'm told I'm an old man that dresses like a 20 year old. But I have never liked my clothes sticking to me.

All that being said Im an IWB guy if I'm working to hide it in warmer weather.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

towboater Likes This