Buying a new XDm modified
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Buying a new XDm modified

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Default Buying a new XDm modified

Im thinking about getting my new XDm 4.5" .45 from PRP (powder river precision). They offer many modfications and i hear they do good work being that they specialize in the XD line. Im looking to spend about $1000 with them for a one off custom. Anyone have experience with them and theyre work?
Projected mods:
.45 4.5" in bi tone
-SS pin set
-SS guide rod
-dawson front and rear fiber optics
-custom three hole cute slide lightening (pictured)
-carry trigger job (may or may not i dont mind the stock trigger at all its nice too, $150)
-polished feed ramp
-crowned barrel

image-439831601.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2012, 06:09 AM   #2

Cut** not cute slide lightening lol

Old 03-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 262 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 36

The XDm is a pretty damn great gun "as-is". I'm not sure how much will be accomplished by sinking hundreds more into it. Disclaimer: Maybe it's just my borderline middle age (36) practicality/cheapness/maturity; but this would seem akin to the folks that dump $20K worth of upgrades into a customizing $20,000 Honda. Doesn't make sense to me.

But if you've got the money to burn or you're confident it'll be a "keeper", have at it. I'm sure you'll end up with a pretty cool gun. Just be aware that this is the type of investment that will be quite difficult to recover, should you ever decide to sell the gun.

I do hope you end up with an awesome piece the you cherish for a long time.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22
The XDm is a pretty damn great gun "as-is". I'm not sure how much will be accomplished by sinking hundreds more into it. Disclaimer: Maybe it's just my borderline middle age (36) practicality/cheapness/maturity; but this would seem akin to the folks that dump $20K worth of upgrades into a customizing $20,000 Honda. Doesn't make sense to me.

But if you've got the money to burn or you're confident it'll be a "keeper", have at it. I'm sure you'll end up with a pretty cool gun. Just be aware that this is the type of investment that will be quite difficult to recover, should you ever decide to sell the gun.

I do hope you end up with an awesome piece the you cherish for a long time.
My father and i both keeps our guns well kept, and forever. Its why i think i ought to just get the one i want, love it, and pass it down one of a kind. Besides if i leave my trigger stock its like $800 which aint bad for a custom no?

Old 03-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i am with sweeper on this. but the final decision is up to you. if you really like the pistol and plan on keeping it for a long time, and these are mods you want and are willing to pay for, then i would say go for it. if it's a pistol you haven't much experiance with and are unsure of whether it going to be a keeper, then i would advise against doing any mods to it, just as sweeper said, hard to recover the money spent. i have the XDm40 and love it just as it came out of the box. my only mods and future mods are more magazines. just my thoughts on this.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Im with everyone else. They are great guns stock. I carry a XDM 40 3.8 with me daily.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
i am with sweeper on this. but the final decision is up to you. if you really like the pistol and plan on keeping it for a long time, and these are mods you want and are willing to pay for, then i would say go for it. if it's a pistol you haven't much experiance with and are unsure of whether it going to be a keeper, then i would advise against doing any mods to it, just as sweeper said, hard to recover the money spent. i have the XDm40 and love it just as it came out of the box. my only mods and future mods are more magazines. just my thoughts on this.
Oh yes ive held many and shot them, love them so cant wait to get it

Old 03-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #8

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler View Post
My father and i both keeps our guns well kept, and forever. Its why i think i ought to just get the one i want, love it, and pass it down one of a kind. Besides if i leave my trigger stock its like $800 which aint bad for a custom no?
How can you be 100% sure you'll love it?
If not you'll never get your money back on sell or trade

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

How can you be 100% sure you'll love it?
If not you'll never get your money back on sell or trade
Lol HOSS look above shot em and love em how can i not not love my custom dream one?

Old 03-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #10

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler View Post
Lol HOSS look above shot em and love em how can i not not love my custom dream one?
Because you've not had or shot one with all that stuff on it or done to it
Mostly talkin about the chopped frame
BUT- hope you love it better'n anything
I have the XD Tactical & do love it

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET