Buying a new XDm modified
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Buying a new XDm modified

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ZombieBrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Default Buying a new XDm modified

Im thinking about getting my new XDm 4.5" .45 from PRP (powder river precision). They offer many modfications and i hear they do good work being that they specialize in the XD line. Im looking to spend about $1000 with them for a one off custom. Anyone have experience with them and theyre work?
Projected mods:
.45 4.5" in bi tone
-SS pin set
-SS guide rod
-dawson front and rear fiber optics
-custom three hole cute slide lightening (pictured)
-carry trigger job (may or may not i dont mind the stock trigger at all its nice too, $150)
-polished feed ramp
-crowned barrel

image-439831601.jpg  
__________________
ZombieBrawler is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 03-19-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ZombieBrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Default

Cut** not cute slide lightening lol

__________________
ZombieBrawler is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sweeper22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,450
Liked 262 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default

The XDm is a pretty damn great gun "as-is". I'm not sure how much will be accomplished by sinking hundreds more into it. Disclaimer: Maybe it's just my borderline middle age (36) practicality/cheapness/maturity; but this would seem akin to the folks that dump $20K worth of upgrades into a customizing $20,000 Honda. Doesn't make sense to me.

But if you've got the money to burn or you're confident it'll be a "keeper", have at it. I'm sure you'll end up with a pretty cool gun. Just be aware that this is the type of investment that will be quite difficult to recover, should you ever decide to sell the gun.

I do hope you end up with an awesome piece the you cherish for a long time.

__________________
"The Future is Unwritten"
sweeper22 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ZombieBrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22
The XDm is a pretty damn great gun "as-is". I'm not sure how much will be accomplished by sinking hundreds more into it. Disclaimer: Maybe it's just my borderline middle age (36) practicality/cheapness/maturity; but this would seem akin to the folks that dump $20K worth of upgrades into a customizing $20,000 Honda. Doesn't make sense to me.

But if you've got the money to burn or you're confident it'll be a "keeper", have at it. I'm sure you'll end up with a pretty cool gun. Just be aware that this is the type of investment that will be quite difficult to recover, should you ever decide to sell the gun.

I do hope you end up with an awesome piece the you cherish for a long time.
My father and i both keeps our guns well kept, and forever. Its why i think i ought to just get the one i want, love it, and pass it down one of a kind. Besides if i leave my trigger stock its like $800 which aint bad for a custom no?
__________________
ZombieBrawler is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

i am with sweeper on this. but the final decision is up to you. if you really like the pistol and plan on keeping it for a long time, and these are mods you want and are willing to pay for, then i would say go for it. if it's a pistol you haven't much experiance with and are unsure of whether it going to be a keeper, then i would advise against doing any mods to it, just as sweeper said, hard to recover the money spent. i have the XDm40 and love it just as it came out of the box. my only mods and future mods are more magazines. just my thoughts on this.

__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 126
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Im with everyone else. They are great guns stock. I carry a XDM 40 3.8 with me daily.

__________________
Retaks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ZombieBrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
i am with sweeper on this. but the final decision is up to you. if you really like the pistol and plan on keeping it for a long time, and these are mods you want and are willing to pay for, then i would say go for it. if it's a pistol you haven't much experiance with and are unsure of whether it going to be a keeper, then i would advise against doing any mods to it, just as sweeper said, hard to recover the money spent. i have the XDm40 and love it just as it came out of the box. my only mods and future mods are more magazines. just my thoughts on this.
Oh yes ive held many and shot them, love them so cant wait to get it
__________________
ZombieBrawler is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler View Post
My father and i both keeps our guns well kept, and forever. Its why i think i ought to just get the one i want, love it, and pass it down one of a kind. Besides if i leave my trigger stock its like $800 which aint bad for a custom no?
How can you be 100% sure you'll love it?
If not you'll never get your money back on sell or trade
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ZombieBrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

How can you be 100% sure you'll love it?
If not you'll never get your money back on sell or trade
Lol HOSS look above shot em and love em how can i not not love my custom dream one?
__________________
ZombieBrawler is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler View Post
Lol HOSS look above shot em and love em how can i not not love my custom dream one?
Because you've not had or shot one with all that stuff on it or done to it
Mostly talkin about the chopped frame
BUT- hope you love it better'n anything
I have the XD Tactical & do love it
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
MAS 1936 modified willie47 Curio & Relic Discussion 18 04-17-2013 10:42 AM
Can I get some advice on my modified shotgun?? Augy NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 10 09-29-2010 03:55 PM
modified case unknownhero82 The Club House 2 04-22-2010 02:44 PM