Bought an XDS .45 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Bought an XDS .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks
Picked it up this evening. Thought I was going to look for a paddle holster but realized the one that came with the gun was pretty decent. Spent the money on an extra 7 round mag. GM didn't have the magazine extensions but I've got a couple more places to check. Now I just need to find some time to go shoot it.
Use the paddle holster for now but I suggest getting a nice leather IWB. Most people will redommend the Milt Sparks VersaMax-2. It's anywhere from 14-18 week to get your order but it's worth the wait. Bought a VM-2 for my Kimber Pro CDP II and have been wearing it every day. So comfortable that you will sometimes forget you even have it on.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCSFAN99

Use the paddle holster for now but I suggest getting a nice leather IWB. Most people will redommend the Milt Sparks VersaMax-2. It's anywhere from 14-18 week to get your order but it's worth the wait. Bought a VM-2 for my Kimber Pro CDP II and have been wearing it every day. So comfortable that you will sometimes forget you even have it on.
Placed my order for my second Milt Sparks VersaMax-2 a couple of months ago for my XD-S .45. They charged my credit card today so that is the sign that it shipped today. I love how they don't charge you until the order is complete. On their website they state that they don't believe in charging anything until it is a complete product that is ready to ship.

This one cost me $175 but I got it in black horsehide with sharkskin patch and loops. I figured that if I'm going to be spending a bunch on a nice holster I should just go all out. Some folks asked why I picked horsehide over cowhide was pretty simple. House is more water repellant. I tend to sweat heavily during these hot Oklahoma summers and didn't want my premium holster to be a premium sweat sponge.

Once I get it in I will post pics of both VM-2's and the awesome cargo they carry. I've also found out that if you have the VM-2 for the XD-S it will work perfectly for the .45 and 9MM version. My wants a XD-S 9MM.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks
Picked it up this evening. Thought I was going to look for a paddle holster but realized the one that came with the gun was pretty decent. Spent the money on an extra 7 round mag. GM didn't have the magazine extensions but I've got a couple more places to check. Now I just need to find some time to go shoot it.
It was tough to find the Pearce pinky extensions in the local shops. None of them really wanted to carry the inventory. I live near Tulsa Oklahoma and we have gun shows every month, sometimes every weekend that month. That has always been the best place to get the extensions. I'd hit up the big tables that see magazines and ask someone behind the booth if they had any. Not very easy spot without a little help.

This is just me, but I don't like the extended magazine. It throws the balance of the pistol off a little and it's not a deal breaker for to just be carrying 5+1. I should be able to handle my attacker with 6 rounds of .45.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #14

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCSFAN99 View Post

It was tough to find the Pearce pinky extensions in the local shops. None of them really wanted to carry the inventory. I live near Tulsa Oklahoma and we have gun shows every month, sometimes every weekend that month. That has always been the best place to get the extensions. I'd hit up the big tables that see magazines and ask someone behind the booth if they had any. Not very easy spot without a little help.

This is just me, but I don't like the extended magazine. It throws the balance of the pistol off a little and it's not a deal breaker for to just be carrying 5+1. I should be able to handle my attacker with 6 rounds of .45.
Diddo...the extended magazine is OK for training IMO but for carry I think 6 -. 45 are sufficient for most probable cenerios

Old 10-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #15

Here is a pic of my VM2 for my XDS. Horsehide with sharkskin trim.

image-1066310350.jpg  

Old 10-11-2013, 04:14 AM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona98tj

Congratulations on your XDs45 purchase. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Here is a pic of mine along with holster and mag holder.
I really do like that holster for the XDs. You min telling me about it?