Black to Stainless - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Black to Stainless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

We had our glock slides done in Houston. I can't totally remember the name of the company, it began with an "M" and ended with "ske" or something like that. It was almost 15 years ago and they still look good.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 12-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

If you just want a shiny slide, you could just take the slide and spend some time on a buffing wheel.
I've seen it done with glocks and it really looks cool, especially with some tru glo style sights.
I have never actually shot one of these home-polished bricks, so I'm not sure if sun glare would be an issue when aiming

Old 12-29-2009, 12:41 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_lee View Post
If you just want a shiny slide, you could just take the slide and spend some time on a buffing wheel.
I've seen it done with glocks and it really looks cool, especially with some tru glo style sights.
I have never actually shot one of these home-polished bricks, so I'm not sure if sun glare would be an issue when aiming

Glare! Damn I never thought of that...definately a point to consider. I really like the look of stainless slides (see pic) but yeah...glare might well be a problem.

Since we have a sh*tload of it down here after all.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:12 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I am not sure about the rest of you but a stainless steel pistol is more of a Hollywood gun then anything else at least in my opinon. I for one would not carry one. But that is me and my 2 cents. To each his own. But they are nice looking.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:20 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
I am not sure about the rest of you but a stainless steel pistol is more of a Hollywood gun then anything else at least in my opinon. I for one would not carry one. But that is me and my 2 cents. To each his own. But they are nice looking.

Yeah - aesthetically they do look pretty nice...the 'wow, bling' aspect appeals in that sense. But as for walking onto the range with one...hmm! Think I'll end up with black when that far-off day actually arrives

I'd just never thought of the glare thing before.