Beretta px storm or springfield xdm 40 cal
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Beretta px storm or springfield xdm 40 cal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta px storm or springfield xdm 40 cal

Looking to buy a beretta px storm or a springfield xdm 40 cal can someone help me please. Witch one would be the best for shooting quality and the best for your money...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5519 Times on 2883 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Personally in my opinion i think springfield is hands down a better company and produces better products. Ive never heard of continous ongoing issues with xdm guns that springfield didnt fix and those guns hqving issues are almost non existant.

My personal choice is the xdm but you need to get the one you want. Go try both and see which you like better. Many gun ranges have both as rentals

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2096 Times on 1138 Posts
Likes Given: 755

I own an XDm 40 and love it. It is very accurate and very comfortable to shoot.

I don't care for the feel of the Beretta, but that's me.

What fits you?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 11-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts

I have a storm and an XDm in 45.
I can't really call a straight up winner. I'm more used to and comfortable with the DA/SA and traditional safety on the storm. I've come to appreciate the safety feature set up of the XDm too and maybe grow to prefer the SA pull of the XDm.

They both have really top notch features. You'll have to decide what specifically is more important to you. The XDm has more magazine capacity and the storm has some state-of-the-art designs too in recoil reduction and break down ease. Either one is a great choice! I think they both shoot great too.

. Mossberg 500 12g
. Stoeger Coach 12g
RIFLES:
. Remington 700 300 WinMag
. Bushmaster M-4 223
. Ruger Mini-14 223
. Ruger 10/22 22LR (x2)
. Rossi 1892 Lever 357
HANDGUNS:
. Remington R1 & R1S 1911 45 ACP (x2)
. Springfield Armory XDm 45 ACP
. Beretta Px4 Storm 45 ACP
. Beretta 92FS 9mm (x2)
. Ruger Vaquero 357 (x2)
. Ruger LCR 357
. Ruger LCP 380
. Ruger 22/45 22LR
. Walther P22 22LR

Old 11-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Marthor's pretty much spot on. It really depends on personal preference, and what Marthor mentioned.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 11-26-2011, 02:01 AM   #6

Well I'd say xd line of pistols. got em,love em, gonna get more.But it really is all about preference what feels good in your hand what features you want and the intended use i.e. Target shooting, carry weapon, uspsa or other shooting sports. Not sure what px comes with but xdm comes with two mags, mag holder, holster, and FAA approved box. Plus has match grade barrel and a very nice trigger pull stock.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:06 AM   #7

Likes Given: 1

Asked myself the same question. PX4, FNP, XDM, or M&P. Fondled all of them in the same store and the XDM came home with me. Liked the rotating barrel of the Beretta and the overall feel, it was the slide mounted safety cutting into my palm that was a turn off. Also best bang for the money was the Springfield with its case full of goodies, holster, mag pouch, mag loader, etc.

"THE CONSTITUTION ONLY GIVES PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF." ~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #8

Ty for all the help I have made up my mind that next Thursday I will be getting the Springfield xdm now I just can't figure out what would be better 45 or 40 caliber please help (:-))

Old 11-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #9

I love the feel of the PX. I dont care for the XD series at all because they seem to big and the metal is rigid and kinda clunky. I know the XD shoots great and is very reliable but something about it just doesnt get my vote. PX is a great gun. And the new F series is a DAO which is a very nice touch.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #10

Likes Given: 1

If you get the 40S&W you can later pick up another barrel chambered in 357SIG and have two pistols in one. Bought my 40 the year it came out and would still like the 45ACP. Would be great if Springfield made the XDM in 10mm though.

"THE CONSTITUTION ONLY GIVES PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF." ~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.