Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Beretta px storm or springfield xdm 40 cal (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/beretta-px-storm-springfield-xdm-40-cal-52339/)

doug71 11-24-2011 07:50 AM

Beretta px storm or springfield xdm 40 cal

Looking to buy a beretta px storm or a springfield xdm 40 cal can someone help me please. Witch one would be the best for shooting quality and the best for your money...

JonM 11-24-2011 01:43 PM

Personally in my opinion i think springfield is hands down a better company and produces better products. Ive never heard of continous ongoing issues with xdm guns that springfield didnt fix and those guns hqving issues are almost non existant.

My personal choice is the xdm but you need to get the one you want. Go try both and see which you like better. Many gun ranges have both as rentals

ScottA 11-24-2011 01:47 PM

I own an XDm 40 and love it. It is very accurate and very comfortable to shoot.

I don't care for the feel of the Beretta, but that's me.

What fits you?

Marthor 11-26-2011 01:11 AM

I have a storm and an XDm in 45.
I can't really call a straight up winner. I'm more used to and comfortable with the DA/SA and traditional safety on the storm. I've come to appreciate the safety feature set up of the XDm too and maybe grow to prefer the SA pull of the XDm.

They both have really top notch features. You'll have to decide what specifically is more important to you. The XDm has more magazine capacity and the storm has some state-of-the-art designs too in recoil reduction and break down ease. Either one is a great choice! I think they both shoot great too. :D

Firearms4ever 11-26-2011 01:34 AM

Marthor's pretty much spot on. It really depends on personal preference, and what Marthor mentioned.

springfield 11-26-2011 02:01 AM

Well I'd say xd line of pistols. got em,love em, gonna get more.But it really is all about preference what feels good in your hand what features you want and the intended use i.e. Target shooting, carry weapon, uspsa or other shooting sports. Not sure what px comes with but xdm comes with two mags, mag holder, holster, and FAA approved box. Plus has match grade barrel and a very nice trigger pull stock.

NYPD13 11-26-2011 02:06 AM

Asked myself the same question. PX4, FNP, XDM, or M&P. Fondled all of them in the same store and the XDM came home with me. Liked the rotating barrel of the Beretta and the overall feel, it was the slide mounted safety cutting into my palm that was a turn off. Also best bang for the money was the Springfield with its case full of goodies, holster, mag pouch, mag loader, etc.

doug71 11-26-2011 07:00 PM

Ty for all the help I have made up my mind that next Thursday I will be getting the Springfield xdm now I just can't figure out what would be better 45 or 40 caliber please help (:-))

Jon12312 11-26-2011 07:11 PM

I love the feel of the PX. I dont care for the XD series at all because they seem to big and the metal is rigid and kinda clunky. I know the XD shoots great and is very reliable but something about it just doesnt get my vote. PX is a great gun. And the new F series is a DAO which is a very nice touch.

NYPD13 11-27-2011 01:24 AM

If you get the 40S&W you can later pick up another barrel chambered in 357SIG and have two pistols in one. Bought my 40 the year it came out and would still like the 45ACP. Would be great if Springfield made the XDM in 10mm though.