Auto Ejecting the Mag - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Auto Ejecting the Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
If it is in pieces and non functional..it is exactly what is marked as, machine parts. Nothing illegal about it. Its the same as ordering parts from anywhere else.
This
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 10-10-2011, 03:04 AM   #22

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Fedex Express 2day is your best option for sending it Springfield. It DOES NOT have to be overnight as some insist it does.
Got a surprise for you: that policy is set by the company, and both FedEx and UPS require overnight service on any firearm to get it out of their possession as quickly as possible. I went all through this and even went up the food chain on their management. I read the policy from their own book: that is their rule and they abide by it.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:07 AM   #23

Quote:
I had the exact same mag issues with my HPC9. When I contacted HP about returning the weapon for repair, they said to put it in a "flat rate" box and Mark it as 'machine parts'. Went through with no issues and came back the same way. $9 total shipping
If you do that with the USPS, you are violating federal law. Only an FFL holder may ship firearms via USPS. If you lie about contents to a private carrier, it may not violate law (?) but if it is discovered they will confiscate it and if it is lost, you can not get re-imbursed.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:09 AM   #24

Quote:
If it is in pieces and non functional..it is exactly what is marked as, machine parts. Nothing illegal about it. Its the same as ordering parts from anywhere else.
Dude, all I can say is you're lucky you did not get caught. And FYI: any auto handgun's frame has the serial number on it and is legally considered to be "the firearm" in that collection of machine parts. Go look at Brownells: they sell "blank" receivers for 1911's that are unfinished, and you MUST have an FFL to purchase one. IT"S A GUN.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:22 AM   #25

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
Got a surprise for you: that policy is set by the company, and both FedEx and UPS require overnight service on any firearm to get it out of their possession as quickly as possible. I went all through this and even went up the food chain on their management. I read the policy from their own book: that is their rule and they abide by it.
As a frequent user of fedex 2 day for handguns, or a Fedex Contractor.........I disagree.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 10-10-2011, 03:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
MY SHIPPING FFL SENDs MY GUNS SOLD (long&hand)UPS GROUND ALL THE TIME

Old 10-10-2011, 03:34 AM   #27

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

FedEx Firearm Shipping Regulations -

FedEx shipping Rules.

UPS: Shipping Firearms

UPS Rules.

Neither state that it must be overnight only. FedEx states that, but immediately comes up with the 'ground' option and rules, which means you can ship it alternatively.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:13 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post

FedEx shipping Rules.

UPS: Shipping Firearms

UPS Rules.

Neither state that it must be overnight only. FedEx states that, but immediately comes up with the 'ground' option and rules, which means you can ship it alternatively.
All I can say is, I READ THE BOOK. I went to the local official shipping stations and read their rule book. No matter what BS they have online, the people who work at the shipping stations go to the book and the book said firearms have to be overnighted. believe me, if there was any legal way to get under the $80 I had to spend to send back the POS Para I had the misfortune of buying, I would have found it. I also talked to the local VPs, same song.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:14 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
As a frequent user of fedex 2 day for handguns, or a Fedex Contractor.........I disagree.
OK, UPS.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html

Read it:

Quote:
Shipping Firearms
Special Procedures for Shipping Firearms
Use These UPS Services for Your Firearm Shipment
UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation from and between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), law enforcement agencies of the United States (or of any department or agency of the United States), law enforcement agencies of any state or department agency (or political subdivision of any state), from and between persons not otherwise prohibited from shipping firearms by federal, state or local law, and when such shipment complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package.

Handguns, as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921,will be accepted for transportation only via UPS Next Day Air Services, specifically, UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, and UPS Next Day Air Saver®. (Note: UPS Express CriticalSM Service is not available for firearms).

Last edited by bountyhunter; 10-10-2011 at 05:30 AM.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 AM   #30

AND FED EX:

Quote:
FedEx EXPRESS rules: Firearms

FedEx Express can only accept and deliver firearms between areas served in the U.S. under the following conditions: (1) you agree to tender shipments of firearms to us only when either the shipper or recipient is a licensed manufacturer, licensed importer, licensed dealer or licensed collector and is not prohibited from making such shipments by local, state or federal regulations; (2) the shipper and recipient must be of legal age as identified by applicable state law.

Firearms must be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight service. FedEx cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D. or with a signature release. Upon presenting the package for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to FedEx is required to notify the FedEx employee who accepts the package that the package contains a firearm. The outside of the package must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package contains a firearm. Firearms shipments cannot be placed in a FedEx Express Drop Box.