Auto Ejecting the Mag - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Auto Ejecting the Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 04:14 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5736 Times on 3361 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
I was under the impression that he had contacted Springfield, not that he was going through the dealer.

There is no federal requirement to ship through an FFL if you are returning the gun to the manufacturer for repair. If you live in a gun-unfriendly state, maybe there's some quirky mailing restriction. You should be able to look that up online, or you could call Fed Ex or UPS.

Call (or have your friend call) Springfield directly. First, they might be able to help with the problem, though it doesn't sound like it from what you've said. Second, they are very helpful and will talk you through the return process.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
My question also, is this the dealer he bought the gun from? Yes, I'd call Springfield as has been stated, but if it's the dealer he bought it from and the guy is trying to jack him for some more cash? It would be the last time I cast a shadow on his door.
I go to the lgs to buy my weapons because if there's a problem, they work to fix it and make sure I'm happy. If the lgs isn't willing to do that? Why should I pay extra? I'll just order off line or find a new store!
Both of these!

Sorry to hear your buddyu is having difficulty; mine has been trouble-free. I am not big on the slamming-the-mag-home tacticool reload thing, though.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:08 AM   #12

Liked 772 Times on 492 Posts
Likes Given: 241

If it was going to cost me a $100 and a wait, I would take it to a local gunsmith. Can you pull the mag out without using the release? Is the mag rubbing on the slide? With the mag out of the gun, look in the mag well - can you see the catch protruding in the mag well? Look at the scratch marks on the mag around where the catch hole is. Does it look like the catch is going into the hole? Or is the catch just sharp enough to hold the mag in with just the spring tension against the side of the mag? Is something stopping the mag from full insertion?

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Springfield will take it back to fix it, the only problem is that he has to pay shipping both ways and it will add up to over a $100.00, the dealer don't want to touch it since it's under warranty.
That really makes my blood boil.

Sounds like it needs a new magazine latch which should be an easy fix.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Never mind, he mailed today to Springfield for warranty service.

He quoted from several dealers sending the gun to Springfield and all of them told him the same, apparently some local regulation only allows an armorer or FFL to mail guns to and from the Island and the only service that would do that is USPS, seems that the high cost of shipping was due to the insurance that needed to be bought with the shipping, total shipping cost was around $125.00.

Will see what Springfield says about the problem and report back.

Thanks to all

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 10-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #15

my vote is the lock , worn, broke, missing OR (he could have 2 bad mags)

kills me how dealers will stick a gun owner for high shipping charges.

THE MOST I HAVE PAID TO SHIP A HAND GUN WAS $12.00 LEAST WAS $6.00

guess some dealers value the customer more then others

SAME GOES FOR A TRANSFER IN $20-25 MAX

$35-75 YOUR BEING ROBBED

Old 10-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22028 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

some of the shipping costs maybe their location. they are located in Puerto Rico. i know that Puerto Rico is a United States commonwealth, but it being an island where it's at could account for the high shipping costs. just wondering myself.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:44 AM   #17

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Fedex Express 2day is your best option for sending it Springfield. It DOES NOT have to be overnight as some insist it does. USPS will not ship it for you unless you're a dealer.

They will not charge you for return shipping.

They may issue a prepaid shipping label for the trip to them.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 10-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
My friend bought a XD45 for using it at work (armored car driver), after a few days playing with it, it began ejecting the mag after a few rnds, it got worst and now it ejects the mag even when dry fired, since it's a new gun, 3 weeks and less than 500 rnds through it, Springfield will take it back to fix it, the only problem is that he has to pay shipping both ways and it will add up to over a $100.00, the dealer don't want to touch it since it's under warranty.

Now he's piss that he have a new gun with some strange defect and it will cost him to get it fixed.

The gun worked great, but all of a sudden it started ejecting the mag, any ideas?
I had the exact same mag issues with my HPC9. When I contacted HP about returning the weapon for repair, they said to put it in a "flat rate" box and Mark it as 'machine parts'. Went through with no issues and came back the same way. $9 total shipping

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 10-10-2011, 01:14 AM   #19

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
I had the exact same mag issues with my HPC9. When I contacted HP about returning the weapon for repair, they said to put it in a "flat rate" box and Mark it as 'machine parts'. Went through with no issues and came back the same way. $9 total shipping
So you have no issues about knowingly circumventing USPS policy? And knowingly admitting to committing a FEDERAL FELONY by possession of a firearm in a postal facility.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed

So you have no issues about knowingly circumventing USPS policy? And knowingly admitting to committing a FEDERAL FELONY by possession of a firearm in a postal facility.
If it is in pieces and non functional..it is exactly what is marked as, machine parts. Nothing illegal about it. Its the same as ordering parts from anywhere else.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"