Appendix Carry Reviews Needed

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Appendix Carry Reviews Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Appendix Carry Reviews Needed

I have been carrying for two years. Got my permit when I was 21. And iv always carried in the 7 0clock position bc I'm left handed. I'm want to start carrying appendix makes the gun easier to draw bc it's in front of u. It also doesn't print as much. I'm a 6 ft 190lbs in shape guy. Just wanting advice from people who have carried this way. I m wanting to use my xds 9 or g26

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #2

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I'm a heavier not so in shape old fart that has carried a commander sized TP40 kahr for the last 2years in a righty 2:00 position. Grip angle back so it sets parallel to may belt in a 6 year old comp-tac minotaur neutral holster set high on me. I drive sit with it and can draw sitting.
Photos-

Another couple newer designs that look to work well may be better would be the Garrett holsters Fusion or a of there couple others, maybe with comp-tac's C clips on the fusion
http://www.giholsters.com/concealed-carry-iwb-and-owb/

and comp-tac's CTAC - With maybe an extra rear side attachment piec to give more adjustment.
http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=61

One more holster , Simple very adjustable from a O* cant for front side 2:00 to 25* forward for when rear side carry is practicle. My wife and daughter use these for a cw9 kahr and PT111G2. To skinny for my but belly ,ha.
http://www.cooksholsters.com/iwb-holster-w-adjustable-belt-clip/

Hope something helps.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:49 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

im not a fan of gangster... appendix carry even when i was skinny. the gun digging into your leg/hip joint and pointed at the femoral artery is not what i think of as a wise carry position.

unintentional discaharges happen most when your holstering or drawing a firearm. with appendix carry the gun is pointed in the direction of the femoral artery. take a round there and you will be dead from massive blood loss before your cellphone gets through the first ring to 911...

carry on the hip or back or pocket carry or a vertical shoulder holster. horizontal holsters sweep everyone standing behind you

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 07-06-2014 at 03:51 AM.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:04 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1946 Times on 1350 Posts
Likes Given: 994

If you spend enough time sitting (and forget about squatting or bending over) you will likely find appendix carry uncomfortable. MHO it's only good for hanging out in gigantic basketball shorts. Try it, see what you think.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:38 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 697 Times on 360 Posts

I carry XDs 9, 5:30 with Talon holster designed for 2:00. The only time I'm concerned is sitting in a restaurant in which case I ask for a booth or sit with my back to a wall. It's very comfortable except in my Ford Ranger which has stiff vinyl seats.

http://shop.talontraininggroup.com/springfield-xd-s-45-w-clip-iwb-holster/

Edit: also when drawing you're pointed at the ground just behind you. For me I find my finger naturally rests on my slide when drawing as well from this holster.

Last edited by TankTop; 07-06-2014 at 04:41 AM.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #6
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 358 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 645

I absolutely hate IWB carry. It's the same as trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. 99% of the time I carry OWB on my 9 o'clock (I'm a lefty). However, there are sometimes that I do need to carry IWB for deeper concealment and I will carry IWB appendix with my wife's Glock 42 or a kel-tec P3AT. I don't mind appendix carry. I'm not skinny but I'm not fat and I don't even notice it when I'm sitting down or driving.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:18 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

If your worried about an accidental discharge then you must be carrying a gun you don't trust. If I don't trust or I'm not 120% sure the gun is safe, I'm not carrying it. I hate always pulling my **** down or worrying about my **** riding up or printing. Thanks for the advice.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:19 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

[quote=hardluk1;1599952]I'm a heavier not so in shape old fart that has carried a commander sized TP40 kahr for the last 2years in a righty 2:00 position. Grip angle back so it sets parallel to may belt in a 6 year old comp-tac minotaur neutral holster set high on me. I drive sit with it and can draw sitting.

Photos-

Another couple newer designs that look to work well may be better would be the Garrett holsters Fusion or a of there couple others, maybe with comp-tac's C clips on the fusion

http://www.giholsters.com/concealed-carry-iwb-and-owb/

and comp-tac's CTAC - With maybe an extra rear side attachment piec to give more adjustment.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=61

One more holster , Simple very adjustable from a O* cant for front side 2:00 to 25* forward for when rear side carry is practicle. My wife and daughter use these for a cw9 kahr and PT111G2. To skinny for my but belly ,ha.

http://www.cooksholsters.com/iwb-holster-w-adjustable-belt-clip/

Hope something

I just ordered a Garrett holster thanks

Old 07-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #9

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Way to go. Let us know how it works out after a week or two tuning it for you.