Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Anyone shoot the xdm 3.8? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/anyone-shoot-xdm-3-8-a-23444/)

detroit2786 02-15-2010 05:26 PM

Anyone shoot the xdm 3.8?

I apologize if this is a common question, I haven't been able to find any feedback on the xdm 3.8 as far as shooting expiriences. I am a big fan of the xdm 9mm. I am going back and forth between the xdm and the glock 19. I haven''t shot the 3.8 yet and I would love to hear some feedback from people that shoot them. Especially in comparison to their expieriences with the standard xdm or a glock 19.

Thank You

N.D. 02-16-2010 10:45 PM

I haven't yet either and I'm anxious & curious too!

N.D.

Daddy_Thrasher 03-19-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detroit2786 (Post 230822)
I apologize if this is a common question, I haven't been able to find any feedback on the xdm 3.8 as far as shooting expiriences. I am a big fan of the xdm 9mm. I am going back and forth between the xdm and the glock 19. I haven''t shot the 3.8 yet and I would love to hear some feedback from people that shoot them. Especially in comparison to their expieriences with the standard xdm or a glock 19.

Thank You

I have a new XDM 40 3.8 and It soots very well. I have not shot the full size XDM, but I have shot the compact XD 40 and the Glock 19 9mm. Its more comparable to the regular XD than the Glock. But it is a major improvement. My first 100 rounds did not go outside the 6 circle at 15 yards even with rapid fire. No feed issues. The Trigger is much better than the glock and an improvement on the XD. The adjustable back straps make it fit any hand. I have not been able to shoot a glock very well. I have fired the 19, 22 and the 30. They are great guns but I just don't shoot them well. I also like the back and trigger safety on the XDM. The 3.8 gives you a little more comfort. Without sacrificeing Accuracy. Springfield got this right. hope this helps:)

detroit2786 03-19-2010 03:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the input. I went back and forth between the glock 19 and the xdm 4.5. I was unable to find a 3.8 model to rent. I liked the glock 19, but I love the xdm. What sealed the deal however was that I found a good deal on gunbroker, so I went with the xdm 9mm. Great weapon for me. I've had it for a couple weeks, it shoots like a dream, and is not too much of a hassle to conceal carry. I played around with the back straps, but ended up going with the standard size. It's still new to me so I'm like a kid a christmas with this pistol.

Thanks for the input

Steelersfan 03-24-2010 02:48 AM

Purchased mine on Sunday. Only put about 80 rounds through it but so far so good. I like the trigger and the 16 rd mag. The grip is a little longer than my S&W Sigma but it has two more rounds. As soon as I pick up a tapered punch I will change up the back strap and see which one feels best. I like this gun and can't wait to take it out again and punch some paper with it.

Phelenwolf 03-28-2010 08:15 PM

I was looking at getting a XDm 3.8 in 9mm. Yet like most of us here I have not heard enough good or bad stories about it.

Steelersfan 03-30-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detroit2786 (Post 230822)
I apologize if this is a common question, I haven't been able to find any feedback on the xdm 3.8 as far as shooting expiriences. I haven''t shot the 3.8 yet and I would love to hear some feedback from people that shoot them.

Thank You

I just purchased the XDm 3.8 in 40 S&W. This is only my 2nd autoloading pistol and my other is a 40 Cal.Sigma. I just went out to the indoor range and punched a bunch of paper. I shot about 200 rds of various handloads Using Rainer's 165 Grain Plated Round Nose Flat Point bullets with differnt loads of Unique and HP-38 powder. I also shot 50 rds of Federal's American Eagle 165 Gr. All rounds fed, fired and ejected fine, no failures of any kind. This make about 400 rounds so far with out any problem of any kind.

I was shooting at 13 yrds as accurate as I could shoot and I keep all but a very few in the black. I am happy with this accuracy.

When I was shooting at 25 yrds. my groups opened up a lot but was still getting 3 of 5 shots in the black. I have trouble seeing well at 25 yrds so this is my problem instead of the guns.

Then the fun started and I was shooting with 16 in the mag and 1 in the chamber at 5 yrds and 7 yrds. Simulating the need to fire my gun as quickly and accurately as possible. Ammo goes quick when doing this, but it takes a while to get all 16 rds in the mag and the last 2 or 3 are tough to get in. Also it take a little more effort to get the fully loaded mag entirely into the grip and click.

Over all, I had a blast at the range today with my new MDx 3.8 in 40 S&W. Glad I got it and glad I reload. Can't wait to put another few hundred rounds through it.
:D

N.D. 04-01-2010 04:53 AM

Congrats and thanks for the range report, got any pics?:)

N.D.

Steelersfan 04-01-2010 11:28 AM

photos of targets

1 Attachment(s)
.40 S&W XDm 3.8 shooting my handloads of HP-38 5.0 Grs. pushing a 165 Gr. Rainer round flat nose. Not sure of M.V. Chrono is on the fritz.

13 yrds. total of 13 shots. taking my good old time shooting these 13 rounds.

Steelersfan 04-01-2010 11:32 AM

These were the first 10 rds. I put through the gun during this session.