Anyone have a XDs 9MM or 45?? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Anyone have a XDs 9MM or 45??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I have looked into it but don't like the idea of putting my gun in the mail plus from what I have read and seen with my own is that the trigger resets every time if the grip safety is depressed. It is only me and my wife that shoot this pistol and we are both experienced I would not put it in the hands of a novice shooter. Have you tried to work the slide or shoot it without touching the grip safety? Not an easy task.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have been reviewing Youtube videos on this subject, and there is one, where this guy does that. clicks the trigger, and it don't reset, puts in a loaded magazine, and releases the slide without holding the grip safety down. He did it three times, and each time there was in fact a slight firing pin mark on the primer, but the round did not fire. But the fact that the firing pin did leave a mark on the primer, is some cause for concern. It took him both hands to hold the gun sideways by the grip and release the slide without depressing the grip safety. He concluded that this was not a problem.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I agree there is a problem but I also believe you have to try to make it happen or you dont really need to be handling a firearm.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:37 PM   #24

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

FWIW, my XDs45 came back from the recall with a trigger that had gained several more pounds of pull.

It took about 20 minutes to fix that. I like how it feels now.....pretty much the same as my other XD platform handguns.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Old 06-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

So what did you do to fix it.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #26

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
So what did you do to fix it.
I added a write-up to my web site, XDs45 Post Recall Trigger Adjustment, that explains what I did.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Old 06-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #27
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2549 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1285

stiller,

I got my XDS 45 back some time ago from the recall. Being brand new I had not had a chance to even fire the pistol at all until today. Since we had a little rain today I set a target stand outside the garage door down the hill and with the extended magazine shot 7 rounds at around 15 yards as quick as I could but still retaining some solid control of the pistol. That is the way it will be if used for self defense! Not precise shots as in target shooting since that is the way one should train for self defense anyway. "Out of the holster on target and fire"! It was done with using the support hand position. Here is the target today at 15 yards. I did let "two go" a little wild but overall for the first time with the new gun and not being accustomed to the grip and trigger at this time. I was more than satisfied with the performance of the pistol and it's accuracy right out of the box. I will be carrying it in the New De Santis Leather Ankle Holster as I reported in my previous thread. As well as this winter when it gets colder out and I am wearing better clothes to conceal it I will also carry it in the Plastic Paddle Holster that came with the kit!

File Type: jpg XDS 1st Target 6-20-15.jpg (15.4 KB, 44 views)

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy