Anyone have a XDs 9MM or 45?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Anyone have a XDs 9MM or 45??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I still have my XDS 45 but Im honestly looking at trading it for another XD , I like the feel of the grip and the trigger is better, I dont carry the XDS like I had intended as it rubs me sitting so I have went with my Kahrs for CCW . The XD trigger is so much better than the XDS . All personal opinion and feel to each individual so take my review as a grain of salt .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 05-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #12
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4726 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 1444

No problems before or after the recall with my XDs 45 and I'm also satisfied with my XDM 45.
Mostly shooting 230 gr hydra-shock.

NSDQ

Old 06-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #13

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My XDs .45 was a favorite until I sent it in for the recall, after receiving it back from SA I have taken it to the range 3-4 times and have to say the trigger is worse (I could live w that) and I haven't been able to make it tru more then 3 mags without a FTE, stovepipe or some other issue and that I can't live with. Springfield is willing to check it just gotta get the time to send it to them.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:00 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I am confused about this thread. Clearly the XDs works flawlessly. However I just saw a Youtube video which clearly shows when dry fired the trigger does not reset. Then if you were to put a loaded magazine into the gun, and without a hand on the rear safety, the trigger does not reset, and yet are you not dropping the extended firing pin onto a hot round.
No one has commented on this. I just also made a deal for a purchase before I saw the video. So what was the recall about, can I assume that if I buy a gun now, that will not be a problem.
Thanks

Old 06-06-2014, 11:22 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1606 Times on 1099 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Call springfield and get a list of the recalled models and serial numbers. Know for a fact what you have in your hand, not a it should be OK.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 06-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #16
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I am confused about this thread. Clearly the XDs works flawlessly. However I just saw a Youtube video which clearly shows when dry fired the trigger does not reset. Then if you were to put a loaded magazine into the gun, and without a hand on the rear safety, the trigger does not reset, and yet are you not dropping the extended firing pin onto a hot round.
No one has commented on this. I just also made a deal for a purchase before I saw the video. So what was the recall about, can I assume that if I buy a gun now, that will not be a problem.
Thanks
This thread will tell you all you need to know.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xds-recall-96185/

NSDQ

Old 06-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #17

I can say 100% that my XDs .45 has not been able to fire more than one mag without having a FTF, FTE or some sort of both. I have no ideal what happened between me sending it in to Springfield and them shipping it back to me but it left here a great reliable EDC and I got it back a unreliable liability. I've thought of selling or trading it but I fell in love w the platform and it was my only EDC for 2+ years and I have faith once I get a chance to send it to Springfield it'll get ironed out.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #18

I have no ideal what changed from the last time I took XDs .45 to the range but my range trip yesterday went great the XDs fired flawlessly?? I was using the same 2 5 round mags and a 7 round mags and the same ammo, but it has a lot harsher recoil.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

My 45 was never sent in for the recall and works flawless with factory rounds or my reloads. My wife also likes it so muchwe may buy another so she can carry one.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #20
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel686 View Post
My 45 was never sent in for the recall and works flawless with factory rounds or my reloads. My wife also likes it so muchwe may buy another so she can carry one.

It was a safety recall.

Springfield Armory® is initiating this voluntary safety recall to upgrade 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols with new components, which eliminate the possibility of a potentially dangerous condition. We want to emphasize that no injuries have been reported to date.

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

Though exceptionally rare it could happen to you and the fix, shipping and a free mag in return is a pretty wise move to me if yours is one of the serial numbers involved.

Link

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/ReCall.asp

NSDQ

emo Likes This