Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Any KB problems with XD45's

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 03:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 19
Default Any KB problems with XD45's

I was choosing between 2 guns, the XD45C and Glock 30. Then I read on Glock forum about KB's and was wondering if the XD's have had similar problems.

__________________
GhostWolf7017 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-19-2008, 05:35 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 272
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

KB's with Glocks are fairly common, while they are pretty rare with the XD.

Glocks are also known for failures to eject, stovepipes and even slamfires.

Overall, the XD is safer and more reliable.

I've been on the gun show circuit in a two state area since the 1980's. Several large and reputable dealers have told me that the XD is now the #1 selling pistol in the USA, as far as sales to the public. These were dealers who sold BOTH brands, so they had nothing against Glock.

Glock is still #1 in law enforcement sales, but multiple agencies and PD's have discontinued using Glocks over the last several years.

__________________
Defender is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
matt g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,885
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
KB's with Glocks are fairly common, while they are pretty rare with the XD.

Glocks are also known for failures to eject, stovepipes and even slamfires.

Overall, the XD is safer and more reliable.

I've been on the gun show circuit in a two state area since the 1980's. Several large and reputable dealers have told me that the XD is now the #1 selling pistol in the USA, as far as sales to the public. These were dealers who sold BOTH brands, so they had nothing against Glock.

Glock is still #1 in law enforcement sales, but multiple agencies and PD's have discontinued using Glocks over the last several years.
I don't know that I'd say that they are common.

If I'm not mistaken, the XDs also have an unsupported chamber like the Glocks, so it is a potential problem for both firearms.
__________________
matt g is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 272
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I don't know that I'd say that they are common.

If I'm not mistaken, the XDs also have an unsupported chamber like the Glocks, so it is a potential problem for both firearms.
I said FAIRLY common, which is an accurate statement. Ask the Indiana State Police, who returned an entire shipment of weapons to Glock because of all the problems they had with them, and ended up going with a different brand.

XD's have a FULLY SUPPORTED chamber, Matt. Don't take my word for it. Google and ye shall find!
__________________
Defender is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
matt g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,885
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
I said FAIRLY common, which is an accurate statement. Ask the Indiana State Police, who returned an entire shipment of weapons to Glock because of all the problems they had with them, and ended up going with a different brand.

XD's have a FULLY SUPPORTED chamber, Matt. Don't take my word for it. Google and ye shall find!
Good to know, thanks for fixing it for me.
__________________
matt g is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 19
Default

Looks like XD is the way to go for me.

__________________
GhostWolf7017 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:52 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 272
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWolf7017 View Post
Looks like XD is the way to go for me.
You won't regret buying an XD.

I'm not saying all or even most Glocks "suck". However, there are enough well-documented design, quality control and safety issues with various models of Glock, to be of concern to anyone looking to buy one.

Glocks are also notoriously picky about what ammo you put in them. If you're interested in handloading, don't even consider a Glock.
__________________
Defender is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:37 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 27
Default

I was set on getting a Glock until I heard of the XD. I did some research and well I now own a XD .45 full size. great pistol.

__________________
Quigs is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:18 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 272
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
I was set on getting a Glock until I heard of the XD. I did some research and well I now own a XD .45 full size. great pistol.
Another wise buyer who did his research and bought an XD!
__________________
Defender is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:30 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Longmont
Posts: 426
Default

County Sheriff deputy in Colorado just KB an XD40....his fault.

He loaded 9mm into the mag, chambered a round...figuered out he had put the wrong ammo in the mag and switched to a mag full of 40's.

Ran the slide and pulled the trigger......the round of 40 had pushed the round of 9 into the barrel.....and when the 40 went off KABOOM !

Blew the entire front of the slide, frame and barrel off foward of the chamber.

Operator error...not a XD issue.

__________________
Dgunsmith is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
FTF problems.... Dr. Marneaus 1911 Forum 23 04-13-2009 01:31 AM
Problems of a Lefty RyanMann General Rifle Discussion 10 02-16-2009 09:17 PM
K98k problems..please help Slickrick214 Curio & Relic Discussion 14 02-09-2009 02:09 PM
Mosin M-44 problems jrstarkey General Rifle Discussion 6 10-03-2007 05:40 AM



Newest Threads