Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Any bad feedback about the XDm line?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Any bad feedback about the XDm line?

Let's get the lame intro out of the way...long time reader, first time poster. Time for another one of those "my first gun" threads.

I'm looking to buy my first semi-auto after the first of the year (my Ruger Blackhawk .357 mag is not so handy to carry) and I've pretty much narrowed it down to an XDm. My 2 main options going in were SA and Glock...my brother has several Glocks and I'm just not real comfortable with how they fit my hand. An XDm, on the other hand, feels like a dream. I like the extra mag capacity and all the raves about the excellent accuracy out of the box. I haven't decided on 3.8 v. 4.5 or 9mm v. .40 yet, but I'm well aware of the pros/cons for both and just have to make up my mind. Reading this board has been a huge help in making my decision and just general knowledge, so I wanted to ask for a little more:

I see all kinds of raves about the XDm, it seems to be an overall well-received line. My question here is what are some of the negative opinions people have? I know some people prefer the ergonomics of the Glock or others better...other than that, I haven't heard hardly anything bad about them. I like to get as much info as I can when researching a major purchase like this, the good and the bad.

So what are the gripes (yours or what you've heard from others) about the XDm line?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 254 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Haven't shot any of them but have handled a few. My only gripe with them would be that they aren't Made in the USA. Made in Croatia but imported in Geneseo, IL. That is about 40 miles from where I live.

The S&W M&P pistols are Made in the USA. That would probably be enough to sway me since the M&P feels real good in my hand also.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #3

Liked 340 Times on 189 Posts

I have a xDm 40 cal. And my only gripe is that I can afford enough ammo to spend 4 hrs at the range a week just shooting it. Great gun couldn't be happier with it.

play the victim, be the victim

Old 12-17-2011, 01:34 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 522 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Two XDM9-compacts here. I'm struggling with mine shooting a little left, but still not convinced it's not me. I was given a tip on the XDtalk site to roll my wrist further around and it's helped.

XDM take down is incredibly easy. I like the mag capacity, even with the shorter magazine. I blinged up both of them

Old 12-17-2011, 02:41 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4512 Times on 2373 Posts
Likes Given: 258

ive got a xdm 45 4.5 my wife has an xdm 9mm 4.5 and i cant honestly think of a single negative. my only problem is i dont have the 45 in 3.8 compact and the 5.5 in 45 yet!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-17-2011, 03:01 AM   #6

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

No gripes with my 3.8. I have the full size. Shoots like a dream and 20 rounds available is pretty sweet. As said before it is easy to take down, shoots every time with every thing I've fed it, and it fits my hand very well.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 12-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #7

Remarkable pistol with no flaws that I have found. I chose the XDM 40 over the M&P, FNP, and PX4 after fondling all of them. My only gripe would be that Springfield's XDM line is missing a 10mm version/conversion.

"THE CONSTITUTION ONLY GIVES PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF." ~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

So the main problems are "I can't shoot it enough" and "They don't make it in enough configurations"...sounds like problems I can deal with so far!

Thanks for the feedback guys...would still love to hear from others too.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #9

Liked 1949 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

My shooting buddy has two, have shot them both, just as sweet as you please! They were running an extra mag/mag holster promotion, not sure if they still do or not, he got 3+a holster and a coupon for 1 or 2 more. I thought that was great, seems you can never have enough mags...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 185 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I've got an XDm45. At some point I'll add an XDm45 compact for carry. And probably an XDm in 9mm or 40sw too, partly because I want one in the OD/SS finish. I guess that should answer your question right there.

I prefer shooting metal guns, but there's no denying the convenience and versatility of polymer. The XDm is hands down my tupperware of choice. The full-size (4.5") XDm is a little big for concealed carry due to the length of the grip...the 3.8" compact (w/ shorter magwell) is probably the way to go there.